The Silly Sign department. post your silly signs here:

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Too much information.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-Lux 7.

• Like 2

Not strictly silly - but hard to take in when you flash past at 70mph. I had to back up to check it properly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Not strictly silly - but hard to take in when you flash past at 70mph. I had to back up to check it properly.

If something happens...you were warned 🙂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

If you were driving down that bit of road at 70mph, Paul, you are a far crazier braver man than I am!......😸......

Some interesting signs. Middle-top equates to a downhill 1-in-6 (in the Old Money) which means that anyone with a bike coming towards you is very likely going to be pushing the thing!

Purely out of curiosity I've just had a google to see exactly what some of those 'Warning' signs signify (mid-right indicating "Meteorological Bicycle Ahead"?) and there are at least 130 of the buggers. We are all expected to know each one, I presume, before we take to the roads in Eire and so I was intrigued to read these 'bits' from the entry;

"...many types of signs, even common ones, do not appear in any statutes..." and "...Some types of sign...are somewhat randomly designed, and differ between county/city boroughs..."

That's OK then!

Philip.

Edited by pippy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pippy said:

If you were driving down that bit of road at 70mph, Paul, you are a far crazier braver man than I am!......😸......

Some interesting signs. Middle-top equates to a downhill 1-in-6 (in the Old Money) which means that anyone with a bike coming towards you is very likely going to be pushing the thing!

Purely out of curiosity I've just had a google to see exactly what some of those 'Warning' signs signify (mid-right indicating "Meteorological Bicycle Ahead"?) and there are at least 130 of the buggers. We are all expected to know each one, I presume, before we take to the roads in Eire and so I was intrigued to read these 'bits' from the entry;

"...many types of signs, even common ones, do not appear in any statutes..." and "...Some types of sign...are somewhat randomly designed, and differ between county/city boroughs..."

That's OK then!

Philip.

FTAOD, my post was in jest: we crawled carefully along the road, then up the hairpins to the top then downhill the other side (behind a jaunting car, to which we allowed 100m clearance). One cyclist pulled over to let the jaunting car by, put his foot down to the ground which wasn’t where he thought it was, and rolled into the ditch. I counted that as the sign with a cycle and two skid marks. 
If you look online, the Gap of Dunloe has a chequered recent history. Fake signs put up by the jaunting car fraternity to say the road was closed to cars; a jaunting car going over the edge killing all on board, resulting in litigation by the relatives of the American deceased. We drove through early in the day from the south and found it deserted at the top, but a steady line of walkers, cyclists and jaunting cars coming up from the north. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

FWIW and without trying to divert the thread, this is what it looks like from the top, facing north. Facing south it is much steeper. This was before the jaunting cars, cyclists and pedestrians arrived - and after I had time to take a 4x5 shot of the same scene (this shot is the Q2).

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 5

Not strictly a sign

FZ 1000.

• Like 2

Also, not strictly a sign, but too funny not to post

• Haha 1

Manhattan - Q

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

😉How high?

D-Lux 7.

• Like 2

On a gelato serving cup at Eataly in Manhattan - Q 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2