The view through older Glass

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/18/2021 at 10:55 AM, Ecar said:

M10P ASC + 1975 Minolta M-Rokkor 40/2 (v2, aka CLE version), both wide open with 2nd one at MFD

A one lens wonder!

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There has been a long and excellent thread running since January 2010 called "M8 and Old Glass", which contains many beautiful pictures using older lenses on M8's. I've wanted to contribute to the thread for some time since I've been experimenting with older glass but most of my shots now are with my M9-P or M2 and are out of place in that thread, so I decided to start a new thread that's not tied to a particular camera so that we can all benefit from seeing what older lenses can do.   Please

Those are lovely shots, Chaps, and thanks for the support.   Dirk, I've seen those superb shots before and they caused to me to lust after a 73/1.9 but I overcame the lust over time. But now it's started again! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!:D.   Pete.   M9-P with 1947 CZJ 50/2 Sonnar in Contax RF mount. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Ha

Nice idea Pete! i love old lenses!   Here are a few from an old pre-war Hektor 7.3cm f1.9:   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Hektor 7.3cm ƒ1.9 *1932 by teknopunk.com, on Flickr   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Hektor 7.3cm ƒ1.9 *1932 by teknopunk.com, on Flickr  

Posted Images

Leica III & Nikkor W-28mm f3.5 LTM (Lomo 800)

I don’t see a lot of shots with this lens either so I’ll post a few. Most shot at f11 which is where a 28mm shines :)

PS: Anyone knows when this lens was produced? Can’t find much info online in case anyone has any sources please provide. 

Leica III & Nikkor W-28mm f3.5 LTM (Lomo 800) 

3 hours ago, shirubadanieru said:

PS: Anyone knows when this lens was produced? Can’t find much info online in case anyone has any sources please provide. 

According to Rotoloni, this lens was sold between 1952 and 1964. There were at least 3 versions and approx. 10,000 were manufactured in total (including those made in Nikkor S-mount).

I may have posted a few here a while ago. Here are a couple more.

M10 + 1961 Nikkor 28/3.5 LTM

Posted (edited)

And two more in B&W. Same camera and lens as above (the last one is a rather heavy crop).

Edited by Ecar
6 minutes ago, Ecar said:

According to Rotoloni, this lens was sold between 1952 and 1964. There were at least 3 versions and approx. 10,000 were manufactured in total (including those made in Nikkor S-mount).

I may have posted a few here a while ago. Here are a couple more.

M10 + 1961 Nikkor 28/3.5 LTM

Thank you! Any idea where I can search the serial number to find out when mine was produced? My serial is 7131xx. 

And here’s one more shot on the Barnack with Lomo 800. This lens works great on a Barnack, and makes the camera pocketable :D

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2.8/60 Macro-Elmarit-R on M10

both shots with f5.6

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shirubadanieru said:

Thank you! Any idea where I can search the serial number to find out when mine was produced? My serial is 7131xx. 

And here’s one more shot on the Barnack with Lomo 800. This lens works great on a Barnack, and makes the camera pocketable :D

Hello, 

you'll find your lens here, its exact year of manufacturing post 1952  is not given  :

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html#RF_Wide

Best, JM.

Edited by JMF
Posted (edited)

Hi, ... (M9 - R->M adapter LEITZ Macro-Elmarit-R 2,8/60 f 2,8) :

(I am not sure if LEITZ R lenses are allowed here ... With live-view Ms they should be a little more fun to use, with the M9 not so much... ) 

Edited by crony
clarification
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Of course, why  not?

Well, this is an M lenses thread. M lenses is ambiguous. It can strictly mean M mount lenses or lenses attachable to M cameras.

And lenses which can be attached to M cameras can also be attached to other cameras, e.g. SONYs.

Some might say (or feel) showing R lenses attached to SONY cams dilutes the Leica content of this thread.

Edited by crony
addition
1 hour ago, crony said:

Well, this is an M lenses thread. M lenses is ambiguous. It can strictly mean M mount lenses or lenses attachable to M cameras.

And lenses which can be attached to M cameras can also be attached to other cameras, e.g. SONYs.

Some might say (or feel) showing R lenses attached to SONY cams dilutes the Leica content of this thread.

It has always been the policy of the Forum to admit images from Leica lenses on other brand bodies and other make lenses on Leica bodies.

BTW, in the Leica R forum you'll find a dedicated Images with R Lenses thread.

1 hour ago, crony said:

Well, this is an M lenses thread.

I can see why you might think that since the thread sits in the Leica M lenses forum (but there is no more suitable place for it to be since there's no all-inclusive 'Leica Lenses' subforum).

But if you note what I wrote in the opening post of this thread: "There's no restriction on the type of lens except that it should not be the current model, no restriction on the camera used (forum rules apply of course so either the lens or the camera or both must be made by Leica), no restriction on content, and it's okay if they've been posted on the forum previously. Please name the camera and lens and post away!" 🙂

Pete.

Elmar 35/3.5 from 1948 on Sony A7r2 mod + AF adapter. Full frame and 100% crop.