The view through older Glass

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There has been a long and excellent thread running since January 2010 called "M8 and Old Glass", which contains many beautiful pictures using older lenses on M8's. I've wanted to contribute to the thread for some time since I've been experimenting with older glass but most of my shots now are with my M9-P or M2 and are out of place in that thread, so I decided to start a new thread that's not tied to a particular camera so that we can all benefit from seeing what older lenses can do.   Please

Those are lovely shots, Chaps, and thanks for the support.   Dirk, I've seen those superb shots before and they caused to me to lust after a 73/1.9 but I overcame the lust over time. But now it's started again! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!:D.   Pete.   M9-P with 1947 CZJ 50/2 Sonnar in Contax RF mount. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Ha

Nice idea Pete! i love old lenses!   Here are a few from an old pre-war Hektor 7.3cm f1.9:   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Hektor 7.3cm ƒ1.9 *1932 by teknopunk.com, on Flickr   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Hektor 7.3cm ƒ1.9 *1932 by teknopunk.com, on Flickr  

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JMF said:

1953 5cm Nikkor-HC f2 Nikon S mount w/ Amedeo adapter on M10M

Congratulations...^^b

P1. On the street

P2. She is 80 years old, but looks like 60/70 something because of her smiling eyes

Summicron 50mm F2 V1 Collapsible(Radioactive), M10M

Edited by Erato

Meyer Telemegor 5.5/400 on M10

always a littel bit fuzzy wide open

close focus is appr. 30 ft.

Telyt 6.8/560 + close focus tube 14182 on M10

even wide open something different

M10P ASC + converted 196X TTH Cooke Speed Panchro 50/2 Ser II, wide open

Posted (edited)

@farnz, I hope this photo is fully qualified due to the 24mm EOL lately...^^ 

"There's no restriction on the type of lens except that it should not be the current model."

Elmarit-M 1:2,8/24 ASPH(Chrome)., M10-P

Edited by Erato
49 minutes ago, farnz said:

I can't find the 24/2.8 Elmarit-M asph offered for sale new on the Leica Mayfair site so yes it qualifies ... just. ^_^

Pete.

Is that the same as relegated to antique status?

7 hours ago, jdlaing said:

IMHO, this lens is not old enough to fall under the antique umbrella. 

Perhaps the use of the word "vintage" in the 1980s and ‘90s was largely associated with specific collecting genres.

Elmarit-M 1:2,8/24 ASPH(Chrome)., M10M

12 hours ago, jdlaing said:

The adjective "antique" hasn't been used in this thread to distinguish between eligible and ineligible lenses, only "There's no restriction on the type of lens except that it should not be the current model." as correctly quoted by Erato from my opening post.

Pete.

50/1 Noctilux v4 with M10.