The view through older Glass

farnz

My 75mm Summilux is from the mid 80's. So it's not ancient but certainly older. In particular the black and white tonality from it is just really something special. Straight conversions are amazing. I would prefer it to be sharper wide open but still, I love it. Here is one shot at 2.8, where the lens really sings.

8189609903_1ce19281de_c.jpg

• Like 14

Paul, I don't have this lens, but wide open the depth of sharp focus is so short that most of the subject will not appear sharp. I find that with my 50 Summilux, particularly close up. It calls for great skill in choosing the right subject and very accurate focusing. I practise frequently and need to. :)

Ahem <clears throat> may I, as the OP, politely and respectfully ask that we preserve this as a thread largely for showing the view through older glass with posted images and don't inadvertently turn this into a discussion thread please?:o:o

Pete.

• Like 2

Angenieux S5 5cm f1.5 + M9

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Angenieux P2 100mm f2.5 + Leica-M Monochrom.

Just got this one back from Japan master...took a few test shots. Already like it. It's quite a compact lens for 100mm, it will be a traveler's mate for sure.

• Like 7

Taylor Hobson Vidital 5cm f1.3 t1.5 + Leica-M Monochrom

Wide open shots continues ~~~@@

• Like 6

Few more shots using th is Taylor Hobson Vidital 5cm f1.3/t1.5 + Leica-M Monochrom

• Like 9

Ahem <clears throat> may I, as the OP, politely and respectfully ask that we preserve this as a thread largely for showing the view through older glass with posted images and don't inadvertently turn this into a discussion thread please?:o:o

Pete.

Whoops :eek: And whoops again for compounding the felony... ;)

Keith,

Allow me to clarify.:o I only decided to gently intercede earlier because the posts looked like they were heading for a discussion about a particular lens which, while interesting in itself, would be better in a separate thread in this sub forum so that the flow of images taken through older glass can continue.

No problem with your comment or others like it because there are some rare lenses being used in this thread and I expect many of us would like to know more about them owing to the wonderful pictures posted here. I would just ask that members respect the flow of this thread and for fuller discussions please start a separate and post a directing link here to guide others who might also want to join the discussion to it.

Everyone please continue to post the wonderful pictures from the amazingly vast array of rare and not so rare older glass that make this thread so special.:)

Pete.

• Like 1

Dallmeyer Super Six 2 1/2" f1.9 + M9

• Like 5

Sneaking the M9 at theater. "Waterwall". Summilux 50 PreAsph.

• Like 7