The view through older Glass

farnz

Jaques,

I do my IR pp in LR. I don't use channel mixing because I'm using a 093 'deep black' filter, which stops everything up to about 800 nm so no visible light gets through and 'faux colour' IR isn't possible. I developed a preset a few years ago that I use as a default process, which sets the highlight level so that sunlit foliage appears stark white and the black level at the appropriate shadow floor. From there I tweak the levels to suit. A couple of examples below using my M8 with a Kobalux 21/2.8 and 093 filter hand-held and wide open. I appreciate that the stark whites and high contrast aren't to everyone's taste but I like 'em.:)

Pete.

[ATTACH]345242[/ATTACH]

I particularly like the image of the jetty, Pete.

• Like 2

Shots from the last weekend in Hangzhou

By Boyer Saphir 60mm f1.4

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

I visited a friend in Zurich and spent some time with my 35 Summaron f2.8, I really like this little fellow, 1968 and to me very versatile, one at ISO 1600/f2.8 in the early morning of his daughter playing the piano, another at ISO 160/f5.6 in the mountains and a final at ISO1000/f4 looking for a grittier look, none have any sharpening and close up they are remarkably sharp. :)

Excellent examples and I particularly like the shot of the piano player. As an owner of a 1967 version, I have to agree on it's qualities - mine is pretty much permanently glued to my MP.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My friend's daughter ~~she is so dorable.

Boyer Saphir 60mm f1.4 + Leica-M Monochrom

• Like 7

2 images from my 1957 Summarit 50/1.5

Lens has some haze which tends to be expressed in "glowing" colors. see the orange bag. Both shot at f 4.5 iso 160 on M9

• Like 6

Here's another with the same Sumarit 50/1.5. Shot wide open here the histogram is a nice bell shaped curve that sits right in the middle but trails off at either end. I didn't adjust this one to get a feel for what others would do. This lens puzzles me at times to really figure out how to process the images to get a little better definition/color. The bokeh can bel pleasing at times, although I don't think it is in this particular photo.

• Like 6

here is how I would process it ...but of course I have no idea how the 'original' was....I used to have this lens but sold it simply as I had too many 50mm...miss it though !

best

andy

• Like 7

OK, let's play! Here's my version.

Cheers,

Bruno

• Like 4

... Sumarit 50/1.5. Shot wide open here ... The bokeh can be pleasing at times, although I don't think it is in this particular photo.

It looks like the bokeh at close focus is more apparent centrally than around the edge - is this simply the effect of a curved image at close focus when used wide opn?

Circa 1974 135mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M II (the last batch) on a Sony NEX5

ISO 200 1250th probably f5.6 or f8

BW conversion in PS CS5

Anybody who has tried this with 135 mm at f/8 or wider knows that it is impossible to get the moon and the top of the church both in focus, unless you do focus stacking. So how was this done?

Anybody who has tried this with 135 mm at f/8 or wider knows that it is impossible to get the moon and the top of the church both in focus, unless you do focus stacking. So how was this done?

That's a screen of the original opened at 100%, and the moon is definitely not sharp.

Edited by Jaybob
  • Like 2

Hugo Meyer Kino Plasmat 2" f1.5 ltm version + M9

This lens has a bit focus shift on M9 and it's not an easy handle lens. It has very special sphire outside of the focus area. Again....Kino plasmat offers superb details on focus area.

• Like 7