Stolen Leica gear

khohcy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My house was burglarized today in Los Angeles California.  The following Leica equipment were stolen.  Please be on the look out on the secondary market. Thanks!

M Monochrom Serial No. 4345910

M240 Serial no. 4444918

NOCTILUX-M 1:0,95/50mm ASPH. Serial No. 4138043

APO-Summicron 1:2/50mm Serial No. 4296199

Send an email to Leica informing them of what happened. They will put it on a registry and is it gets sent in it will be seized. 

Also go to stolen camera finder website and register.

Sorry you had this happen and I know how you feel. It happened to me a couple of years ago.

Good you post the loss here. I for one will be on the lookout on the used market front especially craigslist.com .... a real "thieves market".

If you itemize the loss in a police report, than it is a for sure tax deduction.

Good luck!

ralph

Edited by rafael_macia

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, this site might be of some help:

http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/

You drag and drop a photo from your stolen camera and it matches the serial number to other uploaded photos from your camera. Hopefully the new 'owner' will upload a photo and you now have some (very little, I know) hope of tracking who has the camera. It lease it might help.

John

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My Leica M (Type 240) Serial Nr 4698145 with Leica Summicron-M 1:2/35mm Serial Nr 4135441 has been stolen on Sept 07 2015 during holiday in La Croix-Valmer, France.

Is there any registry at Leica for stolen cameras and glasses? 

Thanks

Not a registry as such but send an email and they keep a record of it and if it gets there for service or repair they seize it for you.

• 1 year later...

I called the pawn shop directly and spoke with a lady there.  She states that the lens was run through a police database and came up clean.  Obviously someone just bought a rather costly stolen lens at a very good price.  She said she'll inform her boss, but chances are it will be shipped out to the buyer.

I kept a PDF of the listing page and a blowup photo from it showing the serial number, if it is needed or desired.

I told her that there isn't a Leica owner on the planet that would pawn off a very recent Leica lens of this cost without a rear lens cap, case, box and papers.  We're just too anal!

• 7 years later...

I saw your camera on ebay. Feel free to reach out to me for the details. https://www.ebay.com/itm/225893925368?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=K9A-1gyXR8y&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=NekbK52DRSa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1