Quick question re: 2.0.1.7 firmware

bocaburger

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My new-to-me used M240 will come with 2.0.1.7. Have a lot of people who upgraded been having lockup issues with it? (There was one thread which speculated it might be the cause). If so, does anyone know if I can proactively backtrack to 2.0.1.5? I have it on a locked SD card from when I upgraded my current M240.

Thanks. I've read the reports and what strikes me as odd is people didn't have lockup issues until weeks after upgrading. It would seem to me if a bug had been introduced in the firmware it should have been apparent immediately. Unless something in firmware can burn out a hardware circuit over time :confused:

I'd like to know if anyone has successfully backstepped to 2.0.1.5 though. I would do it in a heartbeat but afraid that in itself could mess up the camera, and void the warranty, which would be a major disaster.

• 3 weeks later...

My new-to-me M240 that came with .7 has not had any lockups or other issues. So I upgraded my other one from .5 just to have them on the same page. No lockups with that one either. Usually if a new firmware was the cause of bricking a few M240s it would be bricking them right and left, but in this case because all it does is add the new Summarit's coding, I suspected very few people upgraded who don't own or plan on buying them, so the data could be skewed. Nice to know all seems to be well.