I love my M-A

4 915 xxx range only, strange indeed.

What that means to me, Leica only allocate one batch for silver chrome M-A.

I wonder how big or small that batch is ( chrome M-A) and if that means only one batch built at same time.

On the other side, black chrome M-A has large spread of serial number and very different from silver M-A.

Mine has 4 69x xxx engraved on hot shoe :p .

Seen black 4 91x xxx somewhere, here ...

Edited by a.noctilux

I also have a 4914 black (serial on hotshoe). My friend's black M-A is 4914 as well. The manufacture date on the outer carton of mine was September 2015, though I didn't purchase it until this year. Wonder if there's been a manufacturing run since then?

My black chrome M-A is 4914xxx and my silver 4916xxx

Both having lots of usage :-)

Coogee, so you have one 4 69x xxx or one more of your two 4 914 xxx ?

I have checked the date of manufacture on the labels.

Very strange, I didn't remember that...

The two labels : same 2014/09/18 ( Nr. 0469xxxx and 04915xxx )

That means the silver and black are from the same first batch.

They are from two different shops (in Paris) that had them available at that time -_- .

Has anyone noticed the chrome finish on their camera being soft? My managed to mark one corner with a strap rub, for perhaps just one minute. I opted for chrome for its hardwearing nature. I’ve had this same strap on my chrome M6 without issue. But of course it has the protectors in place. But I messaged my man at leica hq and he wants to inspect it. It’s being collected next week from my home in Berlin. Pretty good service. Perhaps I’m lucky and owing to my previous relationship with the company, they treat me this way? I’ll report back on their findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have been shooting with my M-A chrome since beginning of September and love it! Way better feel and thinner than my digital M10. Ive had no problems with loaded or the rewind either. Film counter advances perfectly too. I only wish I would have bought one sooner, it's a true gem.

• Like 3