M240 color profiles and thoughts

rirakuma

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not quite. Accuracy cannot be guaranteed as it is not a duplication but a rendering of the subject. Both images must run through the subjective brain. It is quit possible to produce a print that measures the same as the subject, but looks different to the observer.

Thank you so much for these two presets. I was initially very skeptical, but running through hundreds of images in my lightroom, I am a believer. They really take care of the warm highlights and skin tone that I've been struggling with. Now I have this illusion that the images treated with the preset were shot with M9.

I agree that CCD vs. CMOS debate is really a moot point. M240 color has a lot of room for

improvement and I hope Leica engineers will perfect it.

Thank you once again.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I just found out this post trying to solve a similar issue with M240 camera I loaned from a friend. But after registering and seeing the attached examples I realised that my case is different. See the attached image - on the left is the photo as seen on the camera LCD and on the right is what LR6 shows after import. As you can see the difference is huge. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to make LR6 to get closer to what the M240 shows as a preview...

I am new to this system so maybe I am doing something very wrong with the settings in the camera... In my case the differences, what I get in LR are so huge...

Many thanks,

Serban

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just found out this post trying to solve a similar issue with M240 camera I loaned from a friend. But after registering and seeing the attached examples I realised that my case is different. See the attached image - on the left is the photo as seen on the camera LCD and on the right is what LR6 shows after import. As you can see the difference is huge. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to make LR6 to get closer to what the M240 shows as a preview...

I am new to this system so maybe I am doing something very wrong with the settings in the camera... In my case the differences, what I get in LR are so huge...

Many thanks,

Serban

Is this the latest firmware 2.0.2.5?

Pete

Many thanks,

Serban

Check the default settings in Lightroom.

30 secs in LR and PS just to blend them. Rather dirty and not correct, but I guess this was the main issue some complained when it comes to colors. 
The DNG (assuming you are using it) comes rather "flat" when you import photos in LR. The engine which creates jpeg preview in camera is different than the one that creates it in LR. Leica camera profiles in LR are obviously not the same as those in the camera i.e. don't produce same results

I'd say you would need to create a profile which will suite your needs in LR and you might come close. 

Attached is my profile which I generally use as a starting point and it is based on rirakuma's profiles. You'd need to change the extension of the file from .txt to .lrtemplate before you import it to LR.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M240-profile.txt

Edited by mirekti

Attached is my profile which I generally use as a starting point and it is based on rirakuma's profiles. You'd need to change the extension of the file from .txt to .lrtemplate before you import it to LR.

Thanks for the profile, I used it, closer but not perfect...

Re the other questions, I am using Fuji and Nikon cameras and my LR is set up correctly, I am aware of the flat RAW files, but only with Leica I get this behaviour, I mean huge difference.

Well, I suppose I have to work on each image individually...

• 7 years later...