GAS and the 135mm APO

tthorne

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please feel free to share images. I would love to see them.

Quite a nice lens ;)

Australian White Ibis

Monochrom 3.4/135 APO-Telyt

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

by the way,

I notice a gap in your lens lineup - the magnificent 2.0/28 Summicron ASPH

Just feeding the GAS :D

Also, go wider-18/3.8 is a very good lens too. The gap from 21 to 18 is more than you might think. Less jiggle problems for me with wider lenses.

Also, go wider-18/3.8 is a very good lens too. The gap from 21 to 18 is more than you might think. Less jiggle problems for me with wider lenses.

I've not yet gone wider than 21mm. Have considered a WATE but I have both the 21 Summilux and SEM so I think I'm better going for the 18mm Leica or 15mm Zeiss.

I used to have the WATE. Great lens, but 18 and especially 16 were wider than I prefer these days. 21mm is perfect. I used to have the SEM, but now have the Lux. I think there is always room for another SEM though, lol.

:)

That's great! making me miss my MM though...

Time to start softening up your wife.

Tell her that it's a mid-life crisis and the equipment you need is much better option than an affair or sports car ;)

Fortunately my wife never objects to my Leica purchases.

Though she has asked before : "what on earth does that new lens offer you that the last one didn't"

Reply: "what on earth does that new handbag offer you that the last one didn't"

Edited by MarkP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Time to start softening up your wife.

Tell her that it's a mid-life crisis and the equipment you need is much better option than an affair or sports car ;)

Fortunately my wife never objects to my Leica purchases.

Though she has asked before : "what on earth does that new lens offer you that the last one didn't"

Reply: "what on earth does that new handbag offer you that the last one didn't"

Actually, my wife and I have the exact same dynamic, and she even bought me my 21mm Summilux as a gift! Crazy huh?

The loss of my MM was because I was in a rush to get a Noctilux and both of my M240s are my work horses, so my beloved personal camera had to go. I am happy I have the Noctilux and put glass way before bodies, but I just need to suck it up and buy another MM soon so I stop crying about it. Glad they have the silver now. I love that thing!

I was also curious if anything new might be happening in the Monochrom line as I think this was hinted at some time ago. I love the MM as it sits, but I would personally like the battery, rangefinder, and LCD of the M240 in a new addition.

I have time though as I think I am going to purchase this 135 APO shortly and then perhaps a 50 APO after that, so we'll see.

• Like 3

Is that a crop? Very detailed!

Sry was away a few days, not it is not a crop. :)

Another APO + M9:

14877654650_4510dcac61_b.jpg

L1019247 by unoh7, on Flickr

However I also recently found a V3 135/2.8 from the first batch in 1976 for a good price at RFF, and have fallen in love with it :)

Too heavy for the backcountry but I will use it ahead of the APO at events or near the car :)

Edited by uhoh7
  • Like 3

by f/6.7 the elmarit is off the chart sharp

14887594019_d9635654b2_b.jpg

L1019509 by unoh7, on Flickr

15073935072_19ecb2e869_b.jpg

L1019505 by unoh7, on Flickr

much easier to focus the elmarit than the APO, mag or no mag.

I think I lucked out with this copy, which has very clean glass but is brassed on the edges. Somebody else used this lens alot :)

For 270USD I feel like I stole it.

Edited by uhoh7