So sweet and cute that I can overlook the tattoos and piercings

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last post from me on this interesting thread. Yes, it is fashion and expression and she wears it with confidence and it is a good capture of her personality etc.

For me, is not about whether one has a personal like or dislike of tatoo's or piercings, each to their own.

She (Ariel) is not a model, she is a young girl and what i see in the portrait past the smile, is a vulnerable young person and hence a note of sadness from me.

Iduna, Steve, Ali & Geoff -

Thank you for your photo comments and your thoughful discussion. One more point: She seems to have a need to be noitced, which is fine with me. Generally, when I see people clearly appearing "different" by choice they are most agreable to being photographed.

Hang out near the entrance of Comicon, and have plenty of film/storage media, because it will be rare to find anyone not willing to be photographed.

Edited by stuny
  • Like 1

Great portrait because a warm and friendly personality shines through.

It is our demographic group that does not like tattoos - and we are in the minority. I very much doubt that she will regret her tattoos as she got them with her eyes open and her generation will probably never be embarrassed by tattoos.

Thirty years ago, you could not get a job as a shop assistant or in a fast food restaurant if you had a tattoo that was visible, but today you could not staff such an establishment with that rule in place.

Last post from me on this interesting thread. Yes, it is fashion and expression and she wears it with confidence and it is a good capture of her personality etc.

For me, is not about whether one has a personal like or dislike of tatoo's or piercings, each to their own.

She (Ariel) is not a model, she is a young girl and what i see in the portrait past the smile, is a vulnerable young person and hence a note of sadness from me.

I do find myself wondering how, in a few years, if she made her way, she might do a presentation to the board of a bank, in an open neck blouse, and retain credibility. :(

• Like 1

Stuart, well I'm having fun and learning a lot at least. I recently got a second hand S2 as well which is extremely good for studio of course. Having said that the M is as well and I doubt that many would notice the differences in web size images.

All of my photos are on public view and my signature block includes the link to my gallery ;) Anyone is welcome to look any time.

I have about 2900 photos there currently, which is a neat coincidence I just realised because there has been 2.9 million views so far :eek:

I don't often post images here because most commonly they might get a handful of views, since this is a small community of course.

Here is one that I especially like in any case...and yes the model is a very sweet and lovely young woman.

skt6365 photo - Geoff Hopkinson photos at pbase.com

Edited by hoppyman
  • Like 1