Summilux 35 FLE Rattling Sound

Saad

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone, I have had my 35 SX for a year now and I never shook it until today, and I hear this rattling sound as though there is a loose element inside. I have heard that there are other people who have had the same complaint.

Can someone please help me out and say whether this is normal from their own experience?

Saad

Hi, I have got one . I sent it to Leica and now it is absolutely silent. leica told there is no problem with rattling but I preferred it to be fixed. I know there is an official communication about this issue from Leica.

By marcello

fwiw, I sent mine to Leica for a back focus correction. It rattled (it's really more like a faint tinkling sound) when I bought it and it rattled when I got it back from their service (which included a full "servicing the lens to factory specifications.") Leica told me a slight rattle is normal and there is no really true 'fix' with any kind of service because there's nothing to fix. It's part of the design of the aperture blade mechanism.

This has been discussed here before. Whether the lens rattles or not seems really more dependent on the owner's sense of hearing. But there's is no issue so don't worry about it.

Thank you so much woopie. I wonder what is causing it. Where can I find the official communication about this?

regards

Saad

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/1664089-post104.html

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/1542859-post79.html

And there also is a long 7 page thread about the rattling Summilux 35mm FLE here on the forum. You can easily find it doing a search.

• Like 1

Thank you so much I am starting to feel better, even though the rattling appears even when shaken slightly.

You're welcome, somebody else has written the link to thread containing all information about this issue.

My noctilux 0,95 did the same joke to me, same treatment same solution.

Bye. Marcello

The rattling sound comes from a mechanical link that connects the aperture ring to the internal aperture assembly. It does NOT come from the aperture itself ... and certainly not from the 'floating elements.'

This has been explained here several times before.

• Thanks 1