I think it's Equisetum sp on your picture it looks like a bamboo

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pr%C3%AAle_des_champs

We have also in France but smaller

Thanks for posting

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Christoph, in my view, any color negative film, not only the Fujis, can be interpreted in many ways. Since these films were designed to be scanned and printed by minilab machines, it is very revealing when you see the results of pro 400h as scanned by the Fuji frontier machine. It is actually quite saturated. Even when scanned at home, and I compared two different scanners, results largely depend on the software. The manufacturer's software typically gives low saturation, while vuescan gives moderate to high saturation, and silverfast always gives highly saturated scans at default settings.

Though this thread isn’t really the appropriate place for scanner-technique discussion, for the record it’s only fair to point out that these differences can (almost totally) be avoided by scanning RAW linear files of negatives. For some reason, there are still (very slight) variations in how each application profiles the supposedly neutral color scan, but it avoids the scenario you describe here.

In fact, when scanned in this way, Silverfast gives the most neutral, ‘flat’ result - which makes it a much better starting-point for post-processing, if that’s what’s wanted.

Hi , it's why I said that softwares in cameras or another source , can interfere in the "final" picture

and can modify the original ...  specially in color. The best is the comparison between these softwares

.... as did Edward

Plasticman in this thread we speak all around film...so you can talk about scan or other subjects :)

Thanks for your useful intervention.

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Thank you sincerely, Christoph. Yes I really like seeing environmental portraits with the use of (particularly) the 28mm. Adam's NY Blizzard series present a wonderful example, as of course does the work of Mary Ellen Mark and Garry Winogrand. Some days one "feels" confident/self assured enough to use it, other days not so much. However it seems to get easier the more you do use it and the realization dawns on you that the great majority of people really don't mind. Now it's my favourite street/candid lens.

BTW that poster's awesome!

Phil, 

I know what you mean, but am personally torn between 50mm, 35mm and 28mm lenses. I sort of find all of these focal lengths equally suited to the type of photography I like. My choice dependent on the mood of the day, but also on the place where I am and the size and weight restrictions that travel brings on. Here's a recent example with the 50mm from Seattle.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M6ttl, 50, V3 250D, ns

Rgds

Christoph

• Like 18

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I met and started talking with this lovely person when I stopped and bought a cup of her delicious spicy fruit mix for my lunch. She needed some convincing to allow me to take her portrait, but she was very gracious:

Agoura Hills, California 2016

M6TTL, 28mm Elmarit, Tri-X, K2

That's I call a "woman with character"

Lovely portrait well done Phil , she has a "little look" for you :D 

Best

Henry

• Like 1

Phil, 

I know what you mean, but am personally torn between 50mm, 35mm and 28mm lenses. I sort of find all of these focal lengths equally suited to the type of photography I like. My choice dependent on the mood of the day, but also on the place where I am and the size and weight restrictions that travel brings on. Here's a recent example with the 50mm from Seattle.

attachicon.gif170930_2_M6ttl_0022.jpg

M6ttl, 50, V3 250D, ns

Rgds

Christoph

Lovely portrait Christoph

Thanks for posting

Regards

Henry

Philip and his reflective nature has me going too.

R6

50 Summicron R

Ektar 100

Plustek 8100

Gary

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by gbealnz
  • Like 15

Continuing the Jerusalem theme, this is a tightly-framed photo of the very old Abu Tur neighborhood of Jerusalem, which runs up a hill that neighbors the Old City.  It is one of the rare neighborhoods that has a mix of Muslim and Jewish residents (virtually all of the neighborhoods in Jerusalem have either Jewish or Arab/Muslim residents, not both.  Although the neighborhood is predonminantly Arab/Muslim, the Jewish part of the neighborhood has been around since at least the late 1800's.

I find this neighborhood fascinating in its form, with the homes literally stacked on top of each other, and not in very good condition!

If you look dead center and a little toward the top, you can see a star of David neon sign and an Israel flag just to the left, each signifying the Jewish population in the neighborhood.  If you them move your eye over to the left side of the frame (toward the edge) you can see a neon crescent-shaped sign, signifying the Arab population in the neighborhood.  At night, the  star of David lights up blue and the crescent sign lights up red.  I think this is really amazing as the residents are essentially celebrating their co-existence.   

Velvia 50

Hassy 503cw, 250mm Sonar Supercharomat

attachicon.gifAbu tur by Adam Miller1.jpg

It would make a fabulous jigsaw puzzle. It took me ages to see the Star of David, I have yet to fins the crescent.

• Like 1

I met and started talking with this lovely person when I stopped and bought a cup of her delicious spicy fruit mix for my lunch. She needed some convincing to allow me to take her portrait, but she was very gracious:

p2154765448-5.jpg

Agoura Hills, California 2016

M6TTL, 28mm Elmarit, Tri-X, K2

Very nice environmental portrait, Phil.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if the meals there are that much enjoyable?!?

Made this picture on the go while walking to the other side:

attachicon.gifBild-1-81.jpg

Minilux - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

You would never see me eating there, James :D

Really enjoying your recent posts. Beautiful colors and nice sceneries. Looking forward to seeing more.

• Like 1