I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Do you like oysters?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Minilux - Agfa Vista 100

• Like 13

Chickens

M6 and Cinestill 800

• Like 11

Truly excellent shot, Pete. 

Tmax400 at 200 in Perceptol

attachicon.gif009-Edit.jpg

This is a really wonderful view, James. Would look great enlarged on a wall methinks.

Another one from Le Mont-Saint-Michel:

attachicon.gifBild-1-79.jpg

Minilux - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

You're giving HCB a run for his money here John, very nicely done framing- and exposure-wise.

23706884728_f30f5921e6_b.jpg

M6 | 35 C-Biogon | Tri-X

This one and the one after are good sports photography I think. Very well done Matthias.

...on a rainy Sunday in Berlin....Berlin Marathon 2017...to fast for me...

attachicon.gifBerlinmarathon 2017 (3 von 4).jpg

M4 + Planar 2/50 - CHM100 - D76

Extremely nice minimalism Gary. 

The aviation theme continues.

500C/M

80 Planar

Ektachrome 64

Epson 4870

Gary

• Like 4

I had the opportunity to photograph some boxing a while back. I wanted the photos to have an old time feel to them so instead of using the Nikon system that I would usually use for sports, I used my M3, Nikon 105mm/ 3.5, and Tri-X pushed to 800.

attachicon.gifIMG_0006.jpg

Joe - that last picture especially perfectly captures what you set out to do - a great boxing moment!

Continuing the Jerusalem theme, this is a tightly-framed photo of the very old Abu Tur neighborhood of Jerusalem, which runs up a hill that neighbors the Old City.  It is one of the rare neighborhoods that has a mix of Muslim and Jewish residents (virtually all of the neighborhoods in Jerusalem have either Jewish or Arab/Muslim residents, not both.  Although the neighborhood is predonminantly Arab/Muslim, the Jewish part of the neighborhood has been around since at least the late 1800's.

I find this neighborhood fascinating in its form, with the homes literally stacked on top of each other, and not in very good condition!

If you look dead center and a little toward the top, you can see a star of David neon sign and an Israel flag just to the left, each signifying the Jewish population in the neighborhood.  If you them move your eye over to the left side of the frame (toward the edge) you can see a neon crescent-shaped sign, signifying the Arab population in the neighborhood.  At night, the  star of David lights up blue and the crescent sign lights up red.  I think this is really amazing as the residents are essentially celebrating their co-existence.   

Velvia 50

Hassy 503cw, 250mm Sonar Supercharomat

attachicon.gifAbu tur by Adam Miller1.jpg

Adam, thank you for such wonderful work and stories from Jerusalem. This one works especially well for me, as it is a most graphic picture, almost abstract, yet conveys so much. Superb work.

• Like 1

Wreath

Zeiss ZM, 35mm Summilux, Fuji Superia 100

• Like 14

I had the opportunity to photograph some boxing a while back. I wanted the photos to have an old time feel to them so instead of using the Nikon system that I would usually use for sports, I used my M3, Nikon 105mm/ 3.5, and Tri-X pushed to 800.

attachicon.gifIMG_0007.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0013.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0025.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0005.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0006.jpg

The effect worked! Great intensity in the action of the fighting...

Another from the Kotel in Jerusalem, this time with the Cinestill 800T and Hassy 503cw and 80mm Planar

I sort of like the plastic chairs. In fact, the, I assume, holy articles left in the chairs made me smile. As with all your photos, is says "Adam" before I even gaze at who posted.

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 1

Thanks, Phil.  Here's the same shot taken with Portra 160.  Also nice; horses for courses....  :)

Adam, thank you for such wonderful work and stories from Jerusalem. This one works especially well for me, as it is a most graphic picture, almost abstract, yet conveys so much. Superb work.

There's plenty of money pouring into the organization that maintains the Western Wall.  With literally millions of visitors per year, I just think it is a practical issue.  One thing's for sure, they certainly spared no expensive with those gigantic limestones! LOL :)

They look like the ones supplied with el-cheapo garden furniture - ah well, hard times I guess.

Thanks, Wayne.

I sort of like the plastic chairs. In fact, the, I assume, holy articles left in the chairs made me smile. As with all your photos, is says "Adam" before I even gaze at who posted.

• Like 8

Thanks, Phil.  Here's the same shot taken with Portra 160.  Also nice; horses for courses....  :)

attachicon.gifAbu tur by Adam Miller portra 160.jpg

There's plenty of money pouring into the organization that maintains the Western Wall.  With literally millions of visitors per year, I just think it is a practical issue.  One thing's for sure, they certainly spared no expensive with those gigantic limestones! LOL :)

Thanks, Wayne.

I love this shot Adam. Most of the photos you post from Jerusalem, and your Sukkot series, send me to Google, I'm a sucker for learning new cultures and your photos make me want to learn more.

Israel has always been on my bucket list and Brooklyn may be as well now.

• Like 2

Thanks, gentlemen! This picture is another proof of the quality of the Minilux. The picture came out just as I envisioned it while taking it.

Pebble beach - Dieppe / France:

attachicon.gifBild-1-82.jpg

Minilux - Agfa Vista 100

James, I have been enjoying your photos so much I am now shooting with a nice black Minilux :-)

With TriX / another Beoon + SL601  transfer :

37535147216_50e2c9d0ab_b.jpg

un chemin by JM__, on Flickr

Best, Jean-Marc.

Edited by JMF