400mm-f/5 Case

Susie

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All,

I recently bought a 400mm-f/5 Telyt in its leather attache case. A previous owner has adapted the case (in a very professional manner I might add) so that it would accomodate the lens and an R series Leica.

I have seen a photo of a case, fully fitted, on ebay, but the layout does not match the one I have. The cradle in my case would take the lens fitted to a Viso 1 and LVFOO, two filter holders, and also a holder for a screw mount camera.

Can anyone help with photos of how the case should be fitted out?

Thanks,

Susie

Hi all,

Here is a picture of the case.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The new divider is made of stiched pigskin, and is moulded to make it easier to get the lens out. Unfortunately, as it was made to hold the lens in place with only an OBIOU and 14127 (M to R adapter) the space is too short to take the lens and Viso when screwed together.

Susie

Susie,

you will find rarely two cases identical as Leitz seems to made them to fit the desiderata from the customer.

Here the case was also modified by the previous owner for his needs so...

Have you tried to fit your LTM camera with Viso, in place of the previous owner fitted the R camera ?

An another thing you can do is to use a piece of paper where you scale 1/1 the design of the case so you can try a lot of arrangement on paper. and when you find the right one you can modify the case.