The Clerkenwell, London: Welcome back, George James meet up

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All,

Elaine and Ivor here,.

Just heard from Trevor Clarke,( from Leica UK (Rep)) that he will be coming along as well, but he will only be with us for 2/3 hours. He will be bringing with him an S2 and 70mm, the new D-Lux6 and the V-Lux 4. Please feel free to bring along a memory card and try out the new products.

Look forward to seeing you all (espcially George) tomorrow.

Elaine.x

• Like 1

Sorry you and Ripon couldn't make it Nick - but hope the garden party goes well. See you in CPH.

Meanwhile, back at RDC the party gets under way:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

17 members turned out to welcome George back so thank you to everyone for a very pleasant day wandering through the autumn sunshine in the interesting back streets of Clerkenwell and commiserations to those who wanted to but were unable to attend owing to transport problems or other commitments.

Thank you to Elaine and Ivor for opening up Red Dot for our focal point and to Leica rep Trevor Clarke for bringing along the S2P, V-Lux 4, and D-Lux 6. I hope you got them all back.:rolleyes:

To George: I'm very happy that you have recovered after what must have been a long and uncomfortable treatment and recuperation. May your good health persist.

Pete.

• Like 1

Oh dear, just where do I start?

What a wonderful day, seeing old friends and meeting new. Many thanks to Ivor and Elaine for allowing us all to meet at his Red Dot Shop in Old Street. In particular, I would like to thank Pete Ferns for organizing the whole event and especially for the welcome back to the fold after my illness, with a marvellous iced and decorated cake, all washed down with champagne. It was really unexpected and much enjoyed.

Thanks, Pete. Let's hope we can all meet up again very soon.

Best wishes,

George

• Like 3

It was a pleasure to meet you, George, and to find you on such fine form after your illness.

Many thanks to Pete and Elaine and Ivor for organising this most enjoyable occasion.

George, here’s a snap of you at Red Dot discussing the finer points of camera technology.

• Like 2

Thanks to Elaine, Ivor and Pete for organising what proved to be a very congenial occasion. It was good to see George again, as well as everyone else. I certainly enjoyed the walk around a part of London I have not been to before.

I had hoped that Trevor would forget about the S2, but no such luck. :( Hiding it behind my back as he left didn't work, so it looks as though I shall shortly be buying a load of lottery tickets. ;)

Images to follow once I have processed everything.

Regards

Mike

• Like 2

Thank you to Pete for suggesting and organizing such an enjoyable day and to Elaine and Ivor for their hospitality. And welcome back George!

George and Elaine consider a fine aesthetic point while Pete tries (and fails) to get me to focus on the Guinness.

• Like 3

Ivor and Trevor

Doug

Steve

• Like 3

By George he's smiling

Edited by Red Dot Cameras
  • Like 3

I would like to add my thanks for Saturday: to our hosts Ivor and Elaine - and for the cake and bubbly, to Pete for so decisively organising things - and with an excellent route, to George for his improved health - may it continue on an upward path, to Trevor for joining us - please come back with a Type 240, and to everyone else for being the usual welcoming and friendly bunch of people.

I really enjoyed the day, and we went through a part of London that I barely knew existed and will go back to explore further. I noticed that as usual a few photos were taken by people! So here is my offering (work in progress) taken at the gateway to St James's church garden.

Best wishes

Martin

• Like 3

Yes, thanks to hosts Red Dot and 'Farnz' for organising, it was very nice to meet some of the members for the first time. And I see that I managed to clutter up the background of several of the pics at Red Dot, brown stripes as a bokeh test ?

Sorry I couldn't join you going walkabout!

Gerry

• Like 1