New Record for first type 35mm Summicron?

Guest Ron (Netherlands)

Really a lot... and for a rather common item...looks identical to my 1.971.xxx which I like to have but never considered as a special collectible (and used regularly for 15 years about...)

It looks like a screw type with a bayonet adapter. One picture shows the small screw which fixes the bayonet adapter to the L type lens.

I did not realize that the asking price had gone up so much.

Teddy

Exactly what I was going to say.

This is way too expensive imho.

For some reason or the other it is my favorite 35mm lens for pictures where pastel shades or else many shades of grey are important. I bought my first one for the M2 in 1960ties (black) and later on a second one with the detachable bayonet for my IIIg. The last one seems to be a rare one, black, screw type as illustrated in Lager but with a different number. I sold a second version 35/2 sometime in the 1970ties and later bought Version IV which is quite a different beast wth much more contrast. I also use the 35/2.8 Summaron M type which in my opinion is excellent as well at about f 5.6. To cap it, I often use the 35/2 ASPHERICAL which is my all round favorite 35. It is more contrasty than the 1st version 35/2 and does not produce as many shades of grey when I use b&w film.

Teddy

35/2 ASPHERICAL

Please excuse my ignorance; this is the latest Summicron, right? Though I know what the abbreviation stands for, I've only seen it referred to as Asph. Or was there an Aspherical, as in the Summilux 35 Aspherical, of the Summicron?

Please excuse my ignorance; this is the latest Summicron, right? Though I know what the abbreviation stands for, I've only seen it referred to as Asph. Or was there an Aspherical, as in the Summilux 35 Aspherical, of the Summicron?

No... the Summicron 35 asph is the Summicron 35 asph, period (of course, one can correctly define it as an aspherical lens...).

But there is only ONE 35 lens CHRISTENED and engraved as ASPHERICAL and it was the legendary Summilux... :D

• Like 1

No... the Summicron 35 asph is the Summicron 35 asph, period (of course, one can correctly define it as an aspherical lens...).

But there is only ONE 35 lens CHRISTENED and engraved as ASPHERICAL and it was the legendary Summilux... :D

Thanks Luigi. Yes I know of the Summilux Aspherical. But Teddy wrote "35/2 Aspherical" which confused me.

• Like 1

Thanks Luigi. Yes I know of the Summilux Aspherical. But Teddy wrote "35/2 Aspherical" which confused me.

Sorry, my mistake. I meant the 1.4/35mm ASPHERICAL. I also have the 35/2 asph. and unfortunately mistyped.

I hope that it is now clear. Bye the way, the 35/2 asph. is clinically sharp and very contrasty.I have the screw type and sometimes use it with the M adapter on the M8.2 and the M9 apart from the IIIg.

Teddy

• Like 1