C1 Pro playing funny again

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Version 6.2 is working fine for me on a Windows7 64 bit system.

But I had quite a few challenges on early 6.x versions.

The support team at PhaseOne has been excellent. Several responses a day and they never gave up on me. Combine this with the fact that, for me at least, C1 gives the best colours and it is easy to understand why I stick with them.

I've had no problems at all with C1 v6, and I love 6.2...

Still the best colour, and now that I'm using a dual monitor setup it's a dream to edit.

It *is* picky, though about other applications and their use of memory, and about the state of your physical memory.

More than once I've had a physical memory problem and it was C1 that found it...

But other than that it's been great for me on the Macbook and on Windows (7 64 bit).

One possibility which is less drastic than a complete uninstall and has never lost any settings etc. for me:

1. make sure you have no raw files in the captures/moveto/select and trash folders

in the default session

2. close Capture One

3. Delete the Default session (Pictures/Capture One Library)

4. Delete the Capture One Preference files

User/Library/Preferences/com.phaseone (all of them)

relaunch Capture One

May not help, but in my experience does no harm

Maurice

Maurice,

You may be right, but that means loosing all edits I have in Pictures folders…

Version 6.2 is working fine for me on a Windows7 64 bit system.

But I had quite a few challenges on early 6.x versions.

The support team at PhaseOne has been excellent. Several responses a day and they never gave up on me. Combine this with the fact that, for me at least, C1 gives the best colours and it is easy to understand why I stick with them.

The support gave me no reply. Nada, after 10 days…

Don't waste time on C1 6.2. Even its partner CaptureIntegration is not recommending 6.2 for Mac:

Not Recommending C1 6.2 :: Capture Integration – Medium Format Digital Back Sales & Rental and Other Professional Photographic Equipment

Actually they don't say quite this. It is only not recommended for people with certain types of Mac Pros (the 8 core versions). I don't know how many LUF C1 users have an 8 core Mac Pro but I bet it is not a whole lot. I think most of us are using MBPs and iMacs, with a few on Mac Airs, Mac Minis and smaller/older Mac Pros or Power Macs.

I will eventually replace the Dual G5 PowerMac we use as the family server with a second hand 8 or 12 core MP, when (and if) it dies in an expensive to repair way but it's not showing any signs of going that way, after running 24/7 for the last 6+ years. The triggering factor to replace will probably be the inability to run Intel only software.

Wilson