LTM users, its time to stand up and be counted!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new lens for it, and I haven't had a chance to evaluate the results of using it yet, but it looks good.  I'm anticipating using it for real, anyway.

attachicon.gifElmar 494 small.jpg

xxxx

attachicon.gifElmar 498 small.jpg

You should be pleased when you see the results, I think they're great lenses with a very nice quality to the images, especially for portraits.

Always present as I have already posted in "Some Leicas" and "My Monochrome"!

Regards 

António

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

1941 IIIc + 5cm Elmar

(taken with 135mm Tele-Elmar + Bellows II + Viso II + M9, handheld + beer)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

An older picture of the same camera taken with a 9cm Elmar: 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I have amassed a trove of LTM gear- still love my first LTM find- a Red Scale Elmar for $5 at junk sale:

the lens:

the results:

• Like 7

Hello,

I just joined although I have used Leicas on and off for many years. My favorite 35mm camera is Leica #56158, converted in 1932 or '33 to a Model II, equipped with a VIDOM and

an 11:00 o'clock nickel 5cm Hektor, #122011;

an 11:00 o'clock nickel 3.5cm close focus Elmar (focusing to about 1.75 feet), no serial number;

9cm f4 fat Elmar, no serial number;

a 13.5cm f4.5 Elmar, #142742.

I also use a IIIb equipped with a 5cm Summarit, an 8.5cm Nikkor, and a 13.5cm Nikkor, and also a 20cm Telyt and 40cm Meyer Tele-Megor mounted on a Visoflex or the earlier PLOOT.

I usually develop film in Emofin, originally created by Leica advocate Curt Emmerman in the late twenties and enlarge with a Leitz FILOY. I also use medium and large format cameras.

Jim

Jim

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Jaques... I don't understand which places with those kind of junk sales you all attend. Damn. $5,00. Awesome

And great pics. Though that heaps of energy it doesn't work really good to me :lol:

the energy drink is there for cognitive dissonance- to contemporise the still life genera...

yes- and it was actually $5.00AUD which is $3.58USD in todays money! B) Certianly my greatest ever Leica find- having said that I visited this particular trash market for some 15 years before I found this little Gem Elmar at the bottom of a box of old broken flashes, selenium light meters, plastic junk cameras and other assorted photograhic detritus. It was a rare EUREKA moment!

I'm so glad that I started this thread oh so long ago - 879 posts later and it's still going strong, just like our lovely Barnack cameras! 

Great to see so much enthusiasm for these superb pieces of engineering and IMHO every Leica fan should own a Barnack to understand the essence of Leica. 

Keep 'em coming guys! 

• Like 4

Well, everybody has his own tastes, but the Barnack is the camera which started it all. And, right because it follows the technic, the tecnology, the projecting, the manifacturing of its era, it is a piece of art. Speaking of airplanes, just to make an example, everybody here probably like the last Airbus 380 or the Boeing 747-800, but how many would love flying the Zeppelin? ;)