Leica X1 Photos

davidhunternyc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's two more same trip, taken some minutes apart. :D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Okay no more on the fence with these for me...Color all the way! :)

The color is too good. At the same time there is enough character in the faces and you engage the subjects so these images work on several levels.

Congratulations!

David

Thanks David, though I seem to notice that in the photo forums B&W is still more predominantly popular....perhaps many iconic images made by Leica cameras are all in B&W haha so I am still on the fence. I can understand the allure of B&W too it imparts a more timeless feel to the image, whilst I also like color photos where the colors leap out at you.

The color reproduction on the X1 is excellent. Accurate and vibrant.

Thanks David, though I seem to notice that in the photo forums B&W is still more predominantly popular....perhaps many iconic images made by Leica cameras are all in B&W haha so I am still on the fence. I can understand the allure of B&W too it imparts a more timeless feel to the image, whilst I also like color photos where the colors leap out at you.

The color reproduction on the X1 is excellent. Accurate and vibrant.

I would agree with this except for the color green, especially in grass and foliage. Though the green is saturated and impressive, it is not accurate. Green plants in the middle of a hot, humid summer are not lime green, like at the beginning of spring. Too much yellow in the greeen. Check out the greens on this thread and you will see what I mean.

I have heard the same about the colors of Nikon and canon too....friend of mine who is a videographer told me how nikon produces good colors except for green. I believe he used the word "radioactive'. I am not sure if it is different displays and calibrated vs non-calibrated screens but on mine they look accurate. I recognize the limitations of laptop displays altho I do calibrate my screen. This discussion is interesting.:)

I have heard the same about the colors of Nikon and canon too....friend of mine who is a videographer told me how nikon produces good colors except for green. I believe he used the word "radioactive'. I am not sure if it is different displays and calibrated vs non-calibrated screens but on mine they look accurate. I recognize the limitations of laptop displays altho I do calibrate my screen. This discussion is interesting.:)

I agree the greens look good as they come across on my monitor. They certainly do not distract from the photograph. I would have more issue with the sky poking through and washed out, a problem which plagues us all but again, if there is power in the subject, that carries the photo.

David

Advertisement (gone after registration)

David,

I know what you mean about the sky being blown..though normally my modus operandi is to forget about highlights in background for portraits, all other shots I do take care of it.

Surprisingly for a small cam the X1 performs more than admirably for AWB, metering and AF accuracy (not speed haha) compared to much larger DSLRs.

I'll add one from Saturday. IIRC 1/50 @ f2.8 ISO 100

I'm still getting used to the X-1, but I do like it a lot so far.

Here's a black and white I like haha...taken in India.

• Like 3

Just sharing as I couldn't resist playing with these flowers before they go.

David

Taken in India few weeks ago. This is one reluctant dude when it comes to having his photo taken haha...

Nice David, but I need to see it in color...for flowers at least haha..:)

CJ

Thanks Phancj. I will think about it. I am not sure I want to see it in color. As soon as I opened it in PS, I immediately went to B&W. That was what I knew I wanted to do. :)

I also really liked your last B&W post by the way.

Cheers,

David