Summilux 28 now out!

matlep

I think the proportions is more like this, 81mm?

attachicon.gifsx24-28-35.jpg

What is the length? According to the instruction the distance from the bajonet flange to the top, with or without hood. But it seems to me that the correct numbers are 56 mm (not 61 mm) and 64mm with hood ( not 81 mm), the maximum diameter (61 mm) is given correctly. Anyhow, very strange that the dimensions given in the data sheet seem to be mistaken

Thomas

Edited by tgm

I think what Leica has demonstrated, much more than hinted, is that the public information released regarding the 28 SX to date is worthless jibber-jabber  :lol:.

Let's hope we soon will have the lens to shoot, which is what matters, and that the pieces shipped have 10 elements in right places (not like the data sheets).

• Like 1

I wonder if this lens has been designed with higher requirements like the APO 50 Summicron? Not the same, but for current and future M cameras? I think the requirements for lens design changes over the years.

I only have one lens for my M9P (now in Wetzlar for service), the Elmarit-M 28/2.8 ASPH and it's tiny compared to the new SX28.

The T-mount is already FF compatible, so a FF mirrorless could be coming some time later.

But I see no reason to come up with a third mount - or manual T-mount lenses for that matter.

There already is a mirrorless FF Leica on the market. It is called "M" ;)

The typo in the spec sheet and instruction manual for the 1.4/28 Summilux is only for the length without hood. Length with hood is 67mm.

How do you know that, have you measured it? As I already wrote it seems that both values are mistaken, length with hood 56 mm (not 61 mm) and 64mm with hood. Not to mention the MFT curves...

Thomas

Looking at both the official Leica spec sheet and instruction manual it is clear that there is a typo that applies to the length without the hood (which probably should read 51 rather than 81mm?).

So I think that the length with hood is indeed 67mm and this is in keeping with the photo above comparing the 35, 28, and 24 Summiluxes.

The 28 Summilux is still a relatively bulky lens at 61mm wide and 67mm long..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

I wonder if in the next few years we'll see a new set of Apo Summicron lenses ... including a new 28 and 35 Apo Summicron. It would be interesting to have the same level of sharpness of the 50 Apo in a landscape lens...

Normally, on this type of lenses, I don't use any aperture below f/4.

You already have that: Elmar 24mm and Super-Elmar 21mm...