M9 spotted in Leica Youtube Video...

stevem7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I did a frame by frame you still see the 8 when he turns the camera Thinks it is 59 second mark. So my guess it is not called a M9 must be a upgraded 8.

I can't wait to see whats new on 9/9 just sold my MP and R8 got the R2x rom for sale now for a song and a dance. May also sell the r1.4x and 280 f4 and the macro for it if something comes out on the 9th that a want.

I Leica my M8.2 and D-L4 they will stay with me for a lot longer.

Cheers Jan

Edited by leicanut2
add

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say it definitely isn't a M8...surely a bit taller, apart the ISO button... the LCD looks the same, anyway.

No, Luigi, it doesn't! Look at the "Menu" displayed at minute 0.54... No IR/UV filter but just an "Auto" option and the items are displayed in a different order... "Advance Standard" immediatelely after "Save User Profile"

Creative editing. After the closeup shot of the M9, it switches to a guy holding an M8. The close up is of an M9. ISO button, no counter, etc.

This is what I saw too. So, now we know something definite about the new M9. Either this is Leica's way to entice the fans or they simply thought no one would be clever enough to notice this. Adding the ISO button is a plus.

The focusing accuracy of the M8 is far from perfect... a larger rangefinder base is necessary, specially if you consider digital capture and high resolution... You get that by increasing the physical base or by increasing the viewfinder magnification (preserving 24mm framelines).

No, Luigi, it doesn't! Look at the "Menu" displayed at minute 0.54... No IR/UV filter but just an "Auto" option and the items are displayed in a different order... "Advance Standard" immediatelely after "Save User Profile"

I meant not the content, but the LCD as a component in itself (and nothing strange it's the same... I think there is no need for something "more" in it)

I did a frame by frame you still see the 8 when he turns the camera Thinks it is 59 second mark. So my guess it is not called a M9 must be a upgraded 8.

I can't wait to see whats new on 9/9 just sold my MP and R8 got the R2x rom for sale now for a song and a dance. May also sell the r1.4x and 280 f4 and the macro for it if something comes out on the 9th that a want.

I Leica my M8.2 and D-L4 they will stay with me for a lot longer.

Cheers Jan

The camera you see at the 59 second mark is an M8 but it is NOT the same you see at the 58 mark. At the 59 mark, you can see the little window for battery and card status, which you do not see on the camera at the 58 mark.