M9 spotted in Leica Youtube Video...

stevem7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Guess what I see between the 54 and 58 second mark in the new Leica video...

:)

Great find.

I investigated the video frame by frame, and took some (more) screencaps. They are brightened, and you can get a pretty good view of the size of the viewfinder. Looks like it's as wide as the hotshoe. I don't have a M8 anylonger, so I can't compare. Anyone?

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/members/richard-no-albums-leicam9_screencaps.html

Edited by Richard.no
Tried to put photos directly in thread, but didn't work ;)

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm... It looks like they took one of there prototypes, and stuck a few clips, just to tease us... We don't even know if was the final.

But as it stands, it does not look as if it will work with Visoflex. The higher viewfinder will kill that (except for the smokestack). If that is true... Then I need to keep my M8...

Edited by swamiji

That makes perfect sense if the sensor filters all the IR light... You don't have to apply corrections for cyan drift...

That's not what I meant. The M8 used to have a lens detection menu option with "On" or "Off'. Later they added "On + UV IR". This has changed to "Auto". This could mean several things. I was just wondering if it would or could mean that there was going to be a "Auto" and "Manual" option which would mean that a) No UV IR filters are needed anymore and B) that one can select a lens from a list a.k.a. Manual.

We'll see. Just hopping if this is the case that the M*8.x will also have manual selection.

Yes, it's clear that some of the video shows something not an M8/M8.2.

RE the viewfinder - I think that is just a regular M eyepiece with the rubber padding removed to reveal the screws that are probably there even on an M8. Look close and you'll see a ridge surrounding the eyepiece glass inside the screws - that would cause severe eyeglass scratching if left naked. Once the rubber ring is in place, the screws are covered. (Calling Dr. Norton!)

I wonder where they put the "frame counter"?

Almost more interesting than the new M-whatsis is the fact of the video itself: First offical confirmation from Leica themselves that 9/9/09 is a big date (along with a new splash screen at their website) - and it confirms that Rudy Spiller is banging the drum to get more products into the marketplace fast before the money runs out.

KM-25: I was just impressed with the lightning fast screen grabs, improving resolution, etc., all done within minutes of my own email announcing the Leica Youtube video. I just don't happen to be as computer savvy as most, I guess.

Having said that, viewing various links to galleries on the forum confirms that yes, we do have some incredible talent here, in addition to their computer skills. (including your, KM-25!)

Ahh, gotcha..:-)

Yes, it's clear that some of the video shows something not an M8/M8.2.

Almost more interesting than the new M-whatsis is the fact of the video itself: First offical confirmation from Leica themselves that 9/9/09 is a big date (along with a new splash screen at their website) - and it confirms that Rudy Spiller is banging the drum to get more products into the marketplace fast before the money runs out.

Aside from what's getting a lot of buzz in this forum, it will be interesting to see what else Leica will introduce that's not getting much if any buzz.

Larry

The top plate seems to be similar to Leica MP's.

note the extreme left hand corner - seems like it's different than M8 , as others have mentioned here.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

another screenshot of the top plate.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Well, it is obvious something big is gonna happen.

Nice to see they are also adopting Apple tactics, lets just hope that they also produce substance and not the once in a while Jobsian virtual reality with some (indeed not many) of their products.

ITs also announced on dpreview.

It will create quite a stir...

2 pm in London. But does anyone know where in London Leica will hold the press conference and strut their stuff? how does one get an invite?

I am free on 9/9/9.

I received a Leica newsletter. The link is to the invite is coded...