M9 spotted in Leica Youtube Video...

stevem7

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am taking time for my lunch here in the States and I am amazed and impressed with the speed in which this thread is moving and developing. You guys are incredible! This forum obviously has some serious talent.

I'm wondering: is Leica messing with us or did they really not think anyone would notice?

I am taking time for my lunch here in the States and I am amazed and impressed with the speed in which this thread is moving and developing. You guys are incredible! This forum obviously has some serious talent.

How does posting on a forum equal talent....just curious....

Yes, but why call it Auto and not just On? I think Leica has added manual lens selection to the firmware. Auto versus Manual.

That makes perfect sense if the sensor filters all the IR light... You don't have to apply corrections for cyan drift...

I'm wondering: is Leica messing with us or did they really not think anyone would notice?

If only that were true!!! :D

I was half focusing on getting screen grabs and half focusing on trying to get some pictures taken only to not notice the battery in my M8 was dead... thought i broke the bloody thing taking a photo with the camera upside down. It took me 3 minutes of wondering why the shutter wouldn't fire before I caught on.

Could have been a sign that I need to get the M9 or just put a fresh battery in....

as to your question i think they know exactly what they are doing. generating even more buzz...

Might be time to write a letter to Leica marketing to tell them that since I am going to be out in the real photo world with my Leica cameras for over a year on the road, I could help them sell the M9 with real photography instead of happy-snaps and "tests"...:-).

Good luck! - but better change your sig. first.:)

It's an M9 folks, Leica is announcing the "Next Generation of Leica Cameras" on 9.9.9 and take notice of the MP-like recessed area on the far left that is devoid of a rewind knob.

I wonder what that is all about. Too bad I can't afford it yet, I have 1,000 rolls of Kodachrome to shoot. Might be time to write a letter to Leica marketing to tell them that since I am going to be out in the real photo world with my Leica cameras for over a year on the road, I could help them sell the M9 with real photography instead of happy-snaps and "tests"...:-).

Please do. Its always good to have some real world testing :)

Good luck! - but better change your sig. first.:)

If the camera does we all hope it does, I will change my sig...:-)

I am crafting a letter at the moment, I just can't afford to spend 6-8K on a new digital camera right now as I need to pay the balance on this photo device when I go to pick it up in about 10 days, I am going to live in it for well over a year:

https://www.allterraincampers.com/

One of the reasons I am going to write them is that I would rather bring an M9 along on this journey for digital work than a D700, it would be more seamless integration since I use Leica for 90% of the Kodachrome images. Since the economy has tanked and the photo economy is even worse, I do have to bring a digital in order to work when I can.

We'll see....

hi there

to me, is more than evident that what they show at 00:58 frame is not the same camera the guy holds at 00:59 frame

wether is M9 or M8.whatever is not important to me

also i think that ,or the controls have been oversized, or the camera is slightly thinner than M8´s.

just look and compare shutter and speed dial with your M8´s

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Oh Jaap, please repeat that about the 24mm frames in the viewfinder.:confused:

Ten more days to hang on to such a beautiful dream for free.

+ I'll never buy a digital camera without a thumb wheel again. (fact is, why buy one for quite some time at all, regardless in what category?)

So it's not my finances, no! I just have to wait untill they get it right on the 10/10/2010 :eek:

On the other hand, a dedicated button for ISO could let the SET button opperate the EV directly with the arrows - hoping that there is the option of changing ISO with the up/down arrows and the EV with the left/right ones, or viceversa, if one choses to contol these functions this way

Oh Jeez, thoughts over thoughts :D

How does posting on a forum equal talent....just curious....

KM-25: I was just impressed with the lightning fast screen grabs, improving resolution, etc., all done within minutes of my own email announcing the Leica Youtube video. I just don't happen to be as computer savvy as most, I guess.

Having said that, viewing various links to galleries on the forum confirms that yes, we do have some incredible talent here, in addition to their computer skills. (including your, KM-25!)

Edited by hjorlsrgn