Noctilux f/0.95 ASPH promotion posters

rosuna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

But what do You need a 21/1.4 for? Taking pictures in a Lowlight bar? Get caught with the finder in the next girl's thong while sticking the huge lensbarrel into her neckline?

Or taking landscape pictures with no-one to admire Your impressive amount of gear?

;)

IF this 21 is "real" I wonder if it covers 24x36 film... on M8, it is 28-like, and some 28 1,4 I seem do exist in the SLR area.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IF this 21 is "real" I wonder if it covers 24x36 film... on M8, it is 28-like, and some 28 1,4 I seem do exist in the SLR area.

Maybe, but Leica claims to be small and unobtrusive. I hardly see this with the a. m. combo. I could get a DSLR + lense with that specification for 30% of the Leica price? And with these prices the price beginns to matter for me.

Maybe, but Leica claims to be small and unobtrusive.

Yes and in practice Leica have been progressively moving away from this for years. Most of the current fast M lenses are too big in my opinion and these latest offerings aren't going to reverse this trend.

I think it is pretty obvious that with this kind of glass and the accompanying prices, Leica is counting on the M9 being full frame and utterly peerless in the digital race.

But the prices, my god, I paid $7,600 U.S. one used and two new for my 28/2, 35 1.4 and 50 1.4 aspherics.

A great photographer could easily spend an entire lifetime with just those three lenses doing far, far more than most would with this new glass.

I am going to wait until I see an actual dollar amount on this glass, but by the way it looks, Leica has been raising prices on current glass to stratospheric levels in order to make up for the simply near-criminal levels these lenses are rumored to be.

This....I gotta see.

A vague speculation... could be a 24mm f3,8 targeted as the standard "cheap" lens for a 4/3 compact RF M mount body (2x crop factor... 48mm...) ?

May be - but it seems me a little bit "non competitive" /silly . Voigtänder has his Skopar 4.0/25 for 399 List price

(street - 75 to 100) and Carl Zeiss his Biogon 2.8/25 for 999 € (list price 999, street -50 to 75)

Both are good lenses .

just to get it right.. i could pay 8000€ for a lens from leica, or i could pay 2000€ more and get a Hasselblad H3D-31..

I know a hasselblad is not a leica, but just to get a comparison..

If this prices turn out to be true i think leica lost their mind about the pricing policy.. :eek:

just to get it right.. i could pay 8000€ for a lens from leica, or i could pay 2000€ more and get a Hasselblad H3D-31..

I know a hasselblad is not a leica, but just to get a comparison..

If this prices turn out to be true i think leica lost their mind about the pricing policy.. :eek:

I'm just happy I've pretty much got all the lenses I want/need. I was hoping for a Leica 18 though. I guess I'll just have to scrounge by with the Zeiss 18. :D Hopefully this isn't all the lenses to be announced.

Those prices are insane !

I would have expected at most:

M Noctilux 0.95 : 4000 euros.

M summilux 21 : 3300 euros

M summilux 24 : 3300 euros

M elmar 24 f/3.8 : 1200 euros

I was given a price of £ 4450 for the Noctilux a few weeks ago from a source which has always been ok.

Brian

How much for a s/h Nikon 28/1.4 these days? 3000 euro at least? I will never buy big lenses like that myself but 5000 euro for unique lenses like full frame 24/1.4 or 21/1.4 does not look unfair to me.

Edit: Now 8000 euro for a 50 isn't it a bit dear my friends?

Not that I have any immediate plans to buy any of these but the 0.95 Noctilux does sound exciting.

Is the price over the top ? Maybe yes.

Contrary to many other camera brands at least Leica stuff does not depreciate in value much, if anything it gets worth more over time. So maybe it is not an investment but at least you are not burning money, unlike sailing yachts, cars etc. So what is wrong with their pricing in that context?

I can think of lots of times when a photographer with imagination could make fabulous shots with a wide angle with bokeh.

On an M8 I'm guessing wide open it would offer identical angle of view, and similar DOF as an f2 28mm on a full frame camera. Doesn't seem extreme at all - apart from the price.