Noctilux f/0.95 ASPH promotion posters

rosuna

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't it wonderful how these prices that at first shocked us now present themselves as what we expected? :p

Herr Dr Kaufmann has done the pre-publicity beautifully! {Probably tipped Rubén personally. :) )

I still cannot help but feel the leak was deliberate to test the waters for over-pricing the lenses by 30% . Taking the € prices shown as being US$ prices - puts them at a level more in-line with current prices ( plus a good bit for the speed gains and NPI costs) .

I still cannot help but feel the leak was deliberate to test the waters for over-pricing the lenses by 30% ..

I'm sure the leaks were expected if not deliberate.

I mean, what do you expect if you send advertising posters to your dealers and say, "Now please don't tell anyone till we say it's okay"?

But my guess is that the leaks were intended to excite the interest we've all expressed, and price is only part of that.

Anyway, we'll soon see. ;)

" ... the German firm will leapfrog its own current 50mm f/1.0 and Canon's 50mm f1.0 L to become the reigning speed leader among consumer lens manufacturers."

That's a bit of a slap in the face; I expect that both companies consider themselves to manufactures of professional lenses rather than 'consumer' lenses, whatever that means these days! :D It sounds like the author mistakenly thinks that Leica lenses found on Panasonic cameras are manufactured by Leica.

Pete.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

" ... the German firm will leapfrog its own current 50mm f/1.0 and Canon's 50mm f1.0 L to become the reigning speed leader among consumer lens manufacturers."

That's a bit of a slap in the face; I expect that both companies consider themselves to manufactures of professional lenses rather than 'consumer' lenses, whatever that means these days! :D It sounds like the author mistakenly thinks that Leica lenses found on Panasonic cameras are manufactured by Leica.

Pete.

Leapfrog! LOL!

But only 0.182 stops slower than a lens 1/3 faster than 1.0.

- "1/3 faster than f/1.0": 0.891 (1)

- "(f/0.95) But only ... stops slower than (1)": 0.185

;-)

Assuming that 1/3 of a full stop makes a visible difference in exposure. Who cares about the amount of light in the days of high iso - the zero point whatever is the key selling point making it the fastest 35 mm lens in serial production ever (besides the Canon 0.95/50). And a 0.7 or 0.9 lens will require a serious increase is front diameter not appreciable for a rangefinder camera.

I second that.

I'm sure the leaks were expected if not deliberate.

I'm not that sure.

It was probably overlooked that some magazines send earlier to subscribers.

That the magazine "Chasseur d'images" was more than one week earlier in the post boxes and that a LUF member published the info right away on this forum was not expected, IMHO.

After that, official Leica dealers got the permission to reveal the secret,

summilux.net :: Voir le sujet - Les nouveaux M et tarifs :

and so we got

1. the prices of those lenses,

2. the name of the surprise "Pradovit 1200" and

3. the name of the new reflex "S2".

On Monday we will know if it was real or hoax. ;)

• 2 years later...