Noctilux f/0.95 ASPH promotion posters

rosuna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mmm- I don't think I will buy any of that, a bit too much for me, even being a dentist ;):p, but I am sure that there are enough customers out there to keep Leica busy.....

Nor myself, and neither am a dentist... :D , Btw, 24 f 3,8 seems a bit strange... even looks less compact than the 28 2,8, which is asph and less costly... maybe all the posted pics can be a complex joke... I find inelegant, not up to Leica standard, that the new Noctilux has 0,95 and not also 1 on the diaphragm ring... ok it hasn't much sense, but for esthetic would pleasant, on a 8K€ lens, to show clearly it goes beyond f 1.... :p

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest maddoc2003jp
I was hoping this new lens was no more than $7,500 U.S. I think it is going to drive the current Nocti prices up. If I can find one for $4,000 used, I might just get it despite it not being a very practical lens.

$11,000 U.S. for a 50mm is new ground for Leica.

That`s what I payed and it was the upper limit for me (end of last year). Once in a while they still show up for this price (without box etc.). It is not a practical lens for sure ... but when everything fits, some nice surprise when having a first look at the negs / slides is granted...:)

Guest darkstar2004

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm usually not one to bash Leica prices, they've always been expensive in comparison to everyone else, but if those prices are accurate they've really lost the thread in my mind.

Have you heard Leica's new marketing slogan?

Leica: Hey, it's only money!

:D:D:D:D

Erik, you may have to sell both kidneys to afford the "New & Improved" Noctilux! Maybe Leica could come up with some sort of kidney trade-in program...

The 24/3.8 really really is an ugly duckling lens, not to mention being more expensive, slower and offering only a hair more field of view than the 28/2.8. ... I thought an 18mm slowish prime was rumored.
Yeah. I think it's a shot in the foot. An Elmarit 18mm f/2.8 would have been a much better product.

None of these lenses is appealing to me:

I don't like the 50 on the M8

The 24 is a pain for me as I wear glasses

The 21 needs a finder

The 24/3.8 is fugly

Why not a 18/3.4 or a 28/1.4? Would make more sense to me.

I wonder if Leica knows what it means to "price Yourself out of business"?

The 24/3.8 really really is an ugly duckling lens, not to mention being more expensive, slower and offering only a hair more field of view than the 28/2.8. Really scratching my head on that one. I thought an 18mm slowish prime was rumored.

That's my exact feeling too... which is the sense of a 24 3,8 at 1800 Euro ? A mistery, unless all the infos/pics are a mix of fake&real... as you say, a 18 3,8 would be much more welcome... or maybe we must read "1" instead of "2" ... a Super WA that "beats the 15" of CV & Zeiss is an old speculation of mine... and 3,8 would be at all acceptable...

but how sweet it'l be with one.

for me it'l be the 21 and the 24 elmar (someday)

But what do You need a 21/1.4 for? Taking pictures in a Lowlight bar? Get caught with the finder in the next girl's thong while sticking the huge lensbarrel into her neckline?

Or taking landscape pictures with no-one to admire Your impressive amount of gear?

;)