Price of new Voigtlander 35/f1.4

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Couldn't find this elsewhere on the forums so my apologies if it's already been posted.

Photovillage has set its price for the new CV 35/f1.4:

"coming soon! Will be $559 in multicoat and $599 in single coat with a $59 shade for either...taking $100 deposits. Supplies will be limited... "

Pete.

This is a world-wide forum and I'm not going to guess where you are.

In the UK they are available here:

Voigtlander Rangefinder lenses

That's £225 +VAT = £264.38

................. Chris

I'm not sure what price you are quoting as that price is pretty cheap and if I follow your link the lens in question isn't listed.

At Foto-Mundus in Germany SC or MC 399,99 €, not available yet.

My experience with Foto Mundus not too good on Voigtlander 35/1.2. Very slow in sending, said they had sent lens when they hadn't and when I needed a copy receipt for guarantee claim purposes, failed to respond to emails. In the end even though Robert White very nicely agreed to arrange guarantee repair for me, postage would have exceeded cost of minor adjustment required, which done locally

Wilson

Wilson,

that is quite the opposite from what I have experienced - have contacted Lutz Bergknecht directly?

Dirk

Dirk,

It was Herr Bergknecht who told me the lens had definitely been sent (I needed it for a specific evening shoot, as my only other high speed lens, the Noctilux had been sent back to Solms). I kept querying why it had not arrived and when the parcel finally arrived, I saw it had not been posted until 5 days after the day I had been assured it had been sent. I was back in the UK when I needed the copy receipt and I could not recall Lutz Bergknecht's name (his email address was sitting on the hard drive of my dead iBook), so sent my emails requesting copy receipt to the general email address given on their website. I phoned up, spoke to a young lady, who assured me it would be sorted out but I still did not hear anything. In the end I sorted the problem without the receipt, so did not chase it any further. I have just put them on my list of 3 or 4 companies that I would be reluctant to deal with again. In contrast I ordered a filter from Peter Huppert for the Nokton the day after I paid for the lens. It arrived a day and a half later. I have found this typical of my service from Foto-Huppert. It may be I was unlucky with Foto-Mundus but I can only call it as I experienced it.

Wilson