Charger BP-SCL6

helged

I've definitely heard mixed reviews of the Nitecore for the BP-SCL4. Some say it works fine, others say it doesn't work at all, some say it works fine if you occasionally charge it in the official charger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cookedart said:

I've definitely heard mixed reviews of the Nitecore for the BP-SCL4. Some say it works fine, others say it doesn't work at all, some say it works fine if you occasionally charge it in the official charger. 

When this charger came out it had an issue. Nitecore replaces all does and there is a revised version out there now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cookedart said:

Nitecore for the BP-SCL4 works fine each and every time for me, cross checked with charge supplied for my SL2S as well as when placed in camera battery indicated full charge. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, robb said:

I ordered the new double charger by Leica from my dealer.  May add 2.

Robb

I picked one up over the weekend. Only slightly bigger than the single-batt charger, and quite packable. Using a 30W Anker Nano USB-C charger to feed it power, it topped up two of the old (SCL4) batts (stored with one bar of power left) in about 90 minutes, two batts that were completely flat were fully charged after about 2 hours. When the SCL6 comes up in the rotation, I'll make a note of how long it takes. Leica says it needs at least a 27W USB-C charger, and I have plenty of those lying around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big John said:

I still have the original SL and its charger. If I got an SL3, I gather I could use the same (old SL) batteries but with some limitations. Will the original charger work to charge the new SL3 battery?  Anyone know? Thanks. 

Isn't your battery the SCL4 (check writing on the battery)? Post #6 reports the successful charging of SCL4 batteries.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Big John said:

I still have the original SL and its charger. If I got an SL3, I gather I could use the same (old SL) batteries but with some limitations. Will the original charger work to charge the new SL3 battery?  Anyone know? Thanks. 

Yes, you can charge the SCL6 battery with the old charger. But I don't recommend using the old battery in SL3 due to (highly reduced) shooting speed (this depends, of course, of your type of shooting).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, helged said:

Yes, you can charge the SCL6 battery with the old charger. But I don't recommend using the old battery in SL3 due to (highly reduced) shooting speed (this depends, of course, of your type of shooting).

SCL6 is the new one :), but everybody understood that you meant SCL4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SrMi said:

SCL6 is the new one :), but everybody understood that you meant SCL4.

Thanks; this is how it is being a little dyslectic...