New Dual Charger from Leica for the BP-SCL4/SCL6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Budfox said:

£135 Leica UK site.

Yes, it seems like it's $299 Canadian as well. Obviously it's much more expensive than the nitecore, and much bigger, but has some nice features, such as USB-c, and dual battery capabilities. I'm going to order one as soon as it's available. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 10:18 AM, SrMi said:

I am reading 9.12V, 1.1A (about 10W) for the new charger for one battery. That goes up if charging two batteries.

It says it wants a 27W power source, I assume that means it can go up to that with two batteries on the charger. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 10:51 PM, Budfox said:

£135 Leica UK site.

Yeah - I just saw that - not sure where I got the £320 from now - picked one up from a dealer for £135 yesterday - was about to re-post when I saw your post!!

Edited by Wellsyboy

On 3/15/2024 at 5:31 PM, Wellsyboy said:

Yeah - I just saw that - not sure where I got the £320 from now - picked one up from a dealer for £135 yesterday - was about to re-post when I saw your post!!

I noticed later there is also a USB-C package deal for £320 including AC adapter, cable and extra battery along with the dual charger.

• Like 1

Just checked, the BC-SCL6 goes for € 155 from Leica Store Amsterdam. Just ordered one, will give me the option of charging my second battery from an Anker power bank on the go. This way 2 BP-SCL6 batteries will suffice for me, even on an intensive day of shooting.

Wonder how many cars/vehicles have USB-C charging that puts out at least 27W, which is the wattage that Leica mentions is needed?

Then it would be the best on the road charging to date, i.e., with being able to charge 2 batteries simultaneously.

I must check mine.