New challenger : X100 VI vs Q3 in 35mm crop mode

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, ksrhee said:

All matter of perspective.  

Just for reference, Lecia M11 + 28mm 2.0 Summicron cost little more than $14,000.  So, $6000 seems like a bargain!!!

Don't get me wrong...I've been a Leica user (both film, digital, rangefinder and SLR) since the early 80's...they are great cameras and I can afford them.

I just laugh at the people who have drunk the kool-aid and seem to feel that Leica's are handed down from God.

Lots of great cameras out there for less money.

Edited by bobtodrick
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bobtodrick said:

Don't get me wrong...I've been a Leica user (both film, digital, rangefinder and SLR) since the early 80's...they are great cameras and I can afford them.

I just laugh at the people who have drunk the kool-aid and seem to feel that Leica's are handed down from God.

Lots of great cameras out there for less money.

I understand.  I'll be the first to admit Leica is not cheap, but what other choices do we have if we want certain features and image quality . .  .  I know Nikon is making good strides - I heard a lot of great things about Nikon Zf with manual focus lenses such as Voigtlander, and it won't cost anywhere near $6000.  Unfortunately, given my preference, my choices are somewhat limited!

Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 2:31 AM, GREG PLAT said:

I uploaded some random photos from my last trip to Berlin and Munchen in order to see my photographic style. All photos are Screenshots from JPEG and unedited striaght from camera. All photos are from my small and lovely Ricoh GRII. Its very discreet and i can be invisible in a way. I never used XT5 for street photography! 

Maybe i am asking my self i have all i need Ricoh GR II and XT5 and why go to buy a camera 6.000$ in order to have more sharp, better photos when my project is not to print in big dimensions 70 x100cm but print books with my photos 20x30cm or sell them via my website. Its more difficult and rude to shot with a bigger camera Leica q3 30cm from faces.

What your opinion? About my photos and my dilemma for the new camera?

They look great to me. 

One thing I might suggest if you still can't decide about the Q3 is to go to the Q3 Images section and look from start to finish. I realize I'm just viewing low res images on a web forum, but I can't recall seeing a collection of photos anywhere that demonstrate such phenomenal quality. 

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1