LRC- Workflow for non Leica lens

I manually code my Voigtlander lenses so that I have an idea as to which lens I used. After importing into LRC, I run the LensTagger plugin to change the lens name from the Leica coded name to what I actually used (Voigtlander). The plugin is a little difficult to set up and running it is not the most intuitive but once you get the hang of it, it works very well. Here is the link: https://www.lenstagger.com

• Like 1

I, too, want accurate metadata in my LrC catalog, meaning the lens I actually used, not some Leica lens which my lens might or might not be similar too.  My solution to this problem is to modify the image metadata before importing into LrC.   This turned out to be trivial to add to my workflow.

I run a script that copies the image files from SD cards to a folder created for the import in my "Photos" drive.  The script compares after being copied to make sure there were no glitches.  The script then uses the ExifTool utility to check the lens and, if necessary, change the metadata to match the lens actually used.

When the script is finished I drag the newly created folder with the imported images into LrC to import.

• Like 2