Q2/3 use case for M and SL shooters

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, I own an M10 and a SL2-2. I use M as my daily camera, for casual travels, family travels and SL2-S for photo centered travels and when I need AF and the flexibility of a zoom lens. I’m not a pro. For a coming soon project the best option for me it should be a Q2/3, so I’m thinking to buy an used Q2 and to resale it after a couple of months, since I think that a Q will overlap with M and SL2-S. I’m wrong in this regard?

My question to the owners of the three systems, M, Q, SL is: which is your main motivation to keep a Q once you have M and SL? 

Edited by Seba66

I own all three systems and have similar use cases to you. My Q2 is my most used camera as it fills the daily camera, casual travels, and family travels roles. I usually will pair it with an M for when I would like a wider or longer lens option, a film option, or just another option. I'm not sure if I could live without the Q2 for these rolls as it is so easy to hand to my wife or others, and AF can be indispensable. My hit rate when handing SL (configured for back button focus) or M bodies to others is quite low, but the Q2 photos usually look great!

My smallest camera bag fits two M/Q bodies with lenses and one extra lens, but does not fit SL bodies, so the SL series pretty much only comes out for photo-centric travels, jobs, and when I need AF and/or longer lenses.

• Thanks 1