Damaged integrated hoods question

Derbyshire Man

The hoods can be replaced, but as it isn't considered a user-replaceable part I doubt if Leica will sell you one. However a good independent Leica tech could do the job, and some may be able to restore the old hood.

Edited by TomB_tx

Contact Leica Store Miami or look at their website parts section.  If the part is available it is user replaceable.  The Leica M 50mm Summilux Asph (1) has a user replaceable hood, very easily done by removing one screw.  Hopefully this will help your imaginary friend 🙂

• Like 2

I did exactly this with my Summicron 75/2 a few years ago.  Tripped over a dog leash and landed on the lens (both me and the dog were unharmed, but the lens shade wasn´t...).  Managed to get the front ring off the lens, freeing the dented shade.  My friendly and helpful Leica dealer got me a replacement shade directly from Leica, I mounted it, and all is well.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My 50mm Summilux-ASPH + M10M hit the deck from shoulder height, landing lens-down on a concrete floor.  The hood was in the extended position and the impact resulted in quite a dent.  In the end I sent it to Leica Mayfair who replaced the hood, cost me (IIRC) circa £70 all-in.