Firmware upgrades for q2 and q2 monochrom

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got a message about an upgrade to firmware 5.10 for my Q2 and Q2M. I upgrade the Q2 without incident a couple of days ago, but when I went back to the Leica website to upgrade the Q2M today I couldn't source the firmware download. Can someone help please?

After upgrading to firm 5.1.0 for both my Q2M and Q2 I have noticed an interesting variation in AF modes available between the two cameras.

In the Q2m after the upgrade AF modes are multi field, spot,field and eye/face. In the Q2 after the upgrade the AF modes are multifield, spot, field, tracking and eye/face.

I wonder why there is no tracking option on the Q2M after the upgrade?

I upgraded the firmware in my Q2 using the Fotos app as opposed to downloading and copying the file to my card and putting it back in the camera for the upgrade process.

It worked so well and is so much less complicated than the previous way.

One question remains about file numbering- has that ever been resolved, or does it change to a new folder every 1 thousand shots?

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/10/2023 at 5:38 PM, howard_cummer said:

Further research of Forum topics indicates that tracking is only available if colour pixels are present on the sensor, and, of course, they aren't on the Q2 monochrom.

Oh thank you for sharing this information, I'm a new Q2M owner and updated the firmware this evening from 2.0 -> 5.1