An interview with Sherry Krauter

Unfair for anyone to paint other folks with such a broad brush as to say: "The people don't know about the camera, they don't care about the camera. It's a 9-5  job. There's no love, there's no pride. There's no nothing."
Just my humble opinion. I have chatted with and had a very good experience with Brian, from Leica NJ. He and many others in that NJ shop are very passionate about the products they service.
Mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, logan2z said:

Made me laugh too.

Thanks for sharing. Yes, these old school technicians need an apprentice to carry on the legacy. Am I too old to be one?

Amusing comment from Sherry in the comments

My sincerest hope that his ability to develop film exceeds his interviewing qualifications. I offered to read what he wrote and correct it. After the first sentences, one would have thought he would have accepted my offer, but nooooo!! This is a perfect example of why I have refused interviews over the years. Even my name is spelled incorrectly, Sherry Krauter”

• Haha 2

I asked Sherry to CLA an M3 for me.  After an hour of interesting discussion, she told me where to ship my camera and she said she will send me an M5 loaner.  I said it was not necessary but she insisted.  She said the M5 was her favorite camera and I should use it for a few weeks.  It arrived the next day and I shot a roll before returning it to her.  The idea that she would send a loaner without even receiving my M3 was surprising.

As far as the interview, I think it could have been a little more structured but it was still informative so long as you know Sherry's general personality.  

• 4 months later...

Sherry repaired my Double Stroke M3 a few years back and did a superb job. Her attention to detail is uncompromised and it shows in the final work. I recently sent her my Leicaflex SL2 and can't wait to see what it will be like when I get it back. Wouldn't send any of my M and R bodies for repair to anyone else. Years back when I didn't know better I had some work done by Leica in New Jersey and was disappointed each time.