M10R Life Expectancy

MEC

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After just redoing my Lightroom catalog, I found that I got 11,000 exposures on my M8 over a period of 5 years. My M9 went well over 20,000 exposures in 7 years… but it took 3 sensors. My M9M went over 30,000 exposures before becoming a SL. My current M10 has 35,000 exposures and is still going strong. I tend not to shoot a lot of captures on my M cameras. On the other hand my SL2S has over 10,000 exposures in just under a year.

I’ll keep my M10 for the rest of my life and will probably add a M10R and a M10M during the next few years. I think the M10 series is the last of the true M cameras. It’s certainly the most enjoyable camera I’ve ever had.

BTW I had a M4 for 45 years but had to replace the shutter after 30 years of moderate use… like 2-4 rolls a week.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

My Epson Rd1 still works. Epson released it in the year 2004. So it is 20 years old! The CCD sensor is the same as the Nikon D70.

I wouldn't worry about the shutter but the sensor.

M10 CMOS sensor less sensitive? Shutters are repairable?

On 12/18/2023 at 5:18 AM, Printmaker said:

After just redoing my Lightroom catalog, I found that I got 11,000 exposures on my M8 over a period of 5 years. My M9 went well over 20,000 exposures in 7 years… but it took 3 sensors. My M9M went over 30,000 exposures before becoming a SL. My current M10 has 35,000 exposures and is still going strong. I tend not to shoot a lot of captures on my M cameras. On the other hand my SL2S has over 10,000 exposures in just under a year.

I’ll keep my M10 for the rest of my life and will probably add a M10R and a M10M during the next few years. I think the M10 series is the last of the true M cameras. It’s certainly the most enjoyable camera I’ve ever had.

BTW I had a M4 for 45 years but had to replace the shutter after 30 years of moderate use… like 2-4 rolls a week.

the M10R and M10M is truly THE killer combo!

• Like 2