M10r "stutters"

Harpomatic

• 2 months later...

As promised, although late, here are a few of the shots from my Cuba trip with the “stuttering” M10R, which worked perfectly in low continuous mode:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

A few more:

• Like 5

• Like 6

• Like 7

• 7 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I found this post very helpful!  I just recently ran into this with my Leica M10-R and was wondering it there was something wrong with it.  Sure enough it feels like it happens more so, when I'm shooting in doors in low light, but when I'm shooting in a bright outdoor settings, my shutter/shoot sequence works with no hesitations.

It's good to hear that this is a normal function and that I can use the Low burst mode to get around this issue.  It definitely did feel like it was light meter related.  Glad you got answers from Leica.  Are you still using the M10R, Harpomatic?

6 hours ago, petereprice said:

I found this post very helpful!  I just recently ran into this with my Leica M10-R and was wondering it there was something wrong with it.  Sure enough it feels like it happens more so, when I'm shooting in doors in low light, but when I'm shooting in a bright outdoor settings, my shutter/shoot sequence works with no hesitations.

It's good to hear that this is a normal function and that I can use the Low burst mode to get around this issue.  It definitely did feel like it was light meter related.  Glad you got answers from Leica.  Are you still using the M10R, Harpomatic?

Hello Peterprice, I still use the M10R and am shooting weddings with it. I added a silver M10 as a second body, and am really enjoying my cameras!.

I will be heading to Cuba again in less than a month teaching another course and am so looking forward to it!

Thanks for the post!

• Like 1

I don’t shoot weddings. Actually I think it is admirable, very difficult and exhausting to do so. I do shoot events, now much less than time ago. I have, for that, a Nikon Z9 and a D850. The reason I use Leicas is that most of my work is documentary and I don’t need speed. Although I understand the demand for the 10r meeting specifications, maybe you should reconsider the tool when you need continuous shooting. 

1 hour ago, irenedp said:

maybe you should reconsider the tool when you need continuous shooting. 

Hi irenedp, I have considered my tools very carefully, believe me. 
Continuous shooting is not the issue here, it’s shooting 2-3 or max 4 frames in quick succession when needed, which every single camera on the market can do…but Leica Ms! The M11 and M10 respond a bit better, the M10R hesitates on the 2nd shot. But it doesn’t in slow continuous, which is fast enough for me. This is all software related and that’s the source of my irritation.

As you can see from the examples above I can use it successfully anyway!

Flavio

Flavio, a professional’s choice of tools is always very personal and I am sure you have good reasons. Forgive my suggestion, I read the initial comment on the thread in which you mentioned the buffer filling up after the 7th shot and that inspired my comment. 

The m10r has the Maestro 2 and I am not surprised that it fills the buffer very soon. They developed the Maestro 3 for a reason. 

On 9/16/2023 at 3:29 PM, irenedp said:

I read the initial comment on the thread in which you mentioned the buffer filling up after the 7th shot and that inspired my comment

Hello irenedp, I see what you mean.

My main gripe with the camera stopping at 7 frames is that the specification states that the camera features a 10 frames buffer, and that is simply not true.

Getting the camera knowing that the buffer is 7 frames is ok for me, it's not ok when the specification is largely overstated! That is almost 50% overstatement!

But I made peace with it and I'm using it with the real spec without any problem.