Get a pen tablet for photo editing?

huida

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anybody here use a drawing tablet on your PC for photo editing? wacom, huion, and xp-pen?
If so, what’s your take/opinion/experience with them vs. just a mouse and keyboard?
I do quite a bit of spot healing and brush work on the portraits which amount to probably 30-40% of my time spent working since most other images are quick copy pastes and small adjustments. 
I have read some post about this, such as https://pctechtest.com/best-drawing-tablets-for-photo-editing , So I feel like it could be pretty useful but still not sure about that.
Does anybody here have any experience using these? 

I used a Wacom Medium Intuos for years, disabling all the buttons on the tablet itself and leaving middle click mapped to a button on the pen.  This year I switched to a medium Xencelabs tablet, which is a bit smaller.  I very much like using a tablet.

I use an older (2015?) small Wacom Intuos.  I think the closest current version is the CTL4100.  Mine also doubles as a touch pad but that turned out to be a waste of money.  I much prefer the apple touch pad for my Mac and long ago turned off touch on the Wacom.

I like it.  I used to like it better.  Why?  The current version of Lightroom Classic does not support pen pressure.  You used to be able to map pressure to opacity.  I think they could get the same effect in current LrC if Adobe would map pressure to flow.  Maybe someday.