Photo & Video editing software's to use?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/4/2023 at 4:20 AM, jerrybro said:

I use Movavi on my Macbook Air 2020. It's great for both photo and video editing.

I also use movavi on my Apple Macbook Air 13.6 2022. I like that it has an intuitive interface and a lot of automated features like transitions, color correction, and background removal. It has a lot of effects that polish the final product, and all of them are easy to apply. 

More alteratives to use are in this article: https://www.movavi.com/mac-video-editor/.

Edited by edwardpychan
  • Like 1

Try PhotoLine (www.pl32.com). A very capable program. I use it for more than a decade and I never looked back at Photoshop. The Topaz plugins work fine within PhotoLine. The same holds for many other plugins like NeatImage and the NIK plugins (at least v5 which I use). 

A good introduction are the Youtube-videos of Russell Cottrell (f.ex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJv1BIT6EB0 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone using Affinity? v2 comes with Photo, Designer and Publisher all for £159.99, no subscription unlike Adobe, plus you get the iPad version included at no extra cost. The YouTube clips would suggest it’s easier to use that PhotoShop. 
But I realise advertising and the promoters are there for one reason. So what’s it like to use. Are you happy you’ve kicked Adobe into touch?

• 3 weeks later...
Am 29.10.2023 um 13:30 schrieb Steve Ricoh:

Anyone using Affinity? v2 comes with Photo, Designer and Publisher all for £159.99, no subscription unlike Adobe, plus you get the iPad version included at no extra cost. The YouTube clips would suggest it’s easier to use that PhotoShop. 
But I realise advertising and the promoters are there for one reason. So what’s it like to use. Are you happy you’ve kicked Adobe into touch?

Yes and No: Typical answer. Affinity is good - not so good as PS but very useable. But: The lens profiles are only present when your lens is in the list. And you DON'T get the lens profiles implemented in your lens. This is for Windows. It looks better in Mac, there you can change the Dev-Engine for Raws from Affinity to Apple and you get the implemented lens profiles. 

Edited by TeleElmar135mm
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

For photo editing, Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom are great choices, especially if you want a wide range of tools and options for detailed editing. For video, I've been using Movavi Video Editor because it's user-friendly and pretty comprehensive for a free download. It supports chroma key for green screen effects, has a good range of filters and effects, and its stabilization feature is handy for action shots.

Storage is crucial, especially with high-res files from a Leica Q, so consider software that manages file size without losing quality. Movavi strikes a good balance here, keeping files manageable without sacrificing the details that make your photos and videos stand out. You can check this link for more information https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/best-professional-video-editing-software.html.

Edited by jerrybro