Minolta CLE -How Risky, Really?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 3:45 AM, grahamc said:

On one of them, I've had an issue with the shutter winder getting stuck on occasion, and read in another forum to give the top of the camera a light tap wth heel of the hand while winding , which frees it.  It's a non-issue in the bigger picture really as long as you know how to free it if it happens once in a blue moon.

I've had two instances where the film rips from the canister while trying to wind up the film. It sounds like it might be related to a stuck winder? I also suspect that I may have pulled on the advance lever at the very end of the roll a bit too much, making it then harder to wind up efficiently.

Most of the time it works perfectly and the images with a 40mm Summicron are just amazing. Love that focal length. I really wish it was a more common focal length.

17 hours ago, xveruskax said:

I've had two instances where the film rips from the canister while trying to wind up the film. It sounds like it might be related to a stuck winder? I also suspect that I may have pulled on the advance lever at the very end of the roll a bit too much, making it then harder to wind up efficiently.

Most of the time it works perfectly and the images with a 40mm Summicron are just amazing. Love that focal length. I really wish it was a more common focal length.

Interesting. I’ve never had that problem with the winding ripping film - do you mean the winder on the bottom used to rewind the film ?  The problem I had was the advance lever getting stuck (I think I said “winder” instead of advance lever) .  When it happened I thought the camera would need repair but a light tap whilst advancing frees it.  It’s only happened twice 

i agree about the cron. It’s fantastic. 

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 1