Ditching power saving mode? Real world results on battery life?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey Friends,

In menu 4 of the Q2 system, there is an option for power saving > power saving mode with options of 3, 5, and 10 seconds. I've had this set to 10s, auto power off to 2 min, and all displays auto off to 30s since I have owned the Q2M, and I've been quite happy with the battery life performance, I can easily last a day of shooting for 300+ shots.

BUT sometimes the camera waking up again from power saving mode is too slow and I miss a shot. I wish this mode had like a 30s or 1 min feature, cuz sometimes it's annoying when the camera powers off so quickly when you're working a scene, in this instances I have to keep 1/2 pressing the shutter to make sure the camera stays awake.

So I want to adjust, and maybe get rid of the power saving mode all together, and only keep auto power off to 2min and killing the display entirely as I never use it to take pictures, I do that all in the EVF. I only use the display for settings and photo review. 

Anyone using a similar setup or can give inputs on how to useful the power saving mode is in real life practice? Or tips on my proposed setup?

Of course, I'm going to test it regardless, but I'm traveling for the next few days, and a big session where I go a whole day and shoot 300+ won't happen for at least a week and a half or so. 

Cheers!

The trick is  to hit the shutter button before bringing the camera up to your eye or when you see a shot developing. Otherwise it may happen that you have to wait with a dark EVF which is quite annoying 

• Like 3