How is your SL3 battery life experience?

SrMi

The first time I used it, the battery lasted almost an entire football match. I only had to change the battery five minutes before the end. With the old batteries, only two continuous shots per second are possible, which is a bit low. It's good that more new batteries are already on their way to me.

7 hours ago, padam said:

Because that is the main difference between the G9II and GH6, former being significantly worse regarding battery life (despite being similar on the specs sheet).

There are many other differences between the G9II and GH6. Also, G9II has a longer battery life than GH6 per CIPA standard test (390 vs 360).

No, using PDAF instead of CDAF has no relevant influence on battery life.

19 hours ago, Smogg said:

I don't see a big problem with the low energy efficiency of the new camera. For decades, photographers shot on film that contained only 36 frames and quickly replaced the used film. A battery that gives 300-400 frames can be replaced much faster than film

Yes! And film was sooooo expensive as well!

On 3/10/2024 at 8:12 AM, Smogg said:

I don't see a big problem with the low energy efficiency of the new camera. For decades, photographers shot on film that contained only 36 frames and quickly replaced the used film. A battery that gives 300-400 frames can be replaced much faster than film

Yeah, and for millennia people have used horses. But I prefer a car. 
“at my times…” it’s not an excuse in 2024. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, FlashGordonPhotography said:

Approx 450 shots today. Battery red but not shut down. Included downloading half the images via USB C and about ten minutes connected to Fotos. A bit better than I expected from early reports. Not at Sony level though. I get about 700 shots from my A7R5.

450 is a decent amount already, and it's probably going to get better. On one hand, you should be able to fine-tune your power management settings to match your workflow, and on the other hand, future firmware should optimize power use. That's been the case with previous SL bodies: we got more battery life from firmware updates.

1 hour ago, FlashGordonPhotography said:

Approx 450 shots today. Battery red but not shut down. Included downloading half the images via USB C and about ten minutes connected to Fotos. A bit better than I expected from early reports. Not at Sony level though. I get about 700 shots from my A7R5.

Gordon

Thanks for sharing. It seems that I should get through a typical day (non-wildlife photography) with one spare battery, as I do with every camera.

Easy way to DOUBLE your battery life!

1.  Place a second battery in a nice little Think Tank battery holder.

2.  Place battery holder in pocket.

These batteries are small and compact, thus really easy to carry around.  And, I really like the compatibility with the Q3.  I often have both camera's with me and having the same battery and charger makes it really simple.  I'm looking forward to getting the new dual battery charger when available.

1 hour ago, T.J. said:

Easy way to DOUBLE your battery life!

1.  Place a second battery in a nice little Think Tank battery holder.

2.  Place battery holder in pocket.

These batteries are small and compact, thus really easy to carry around.  And, I really like the compatibility with the Q3.  I often have both camera's with me and having the same battery and charger makes it really simple.  I'm looking forward to getting the new dual battery charger when available.

It is in store in NY, I just didn't get it.