Can't connect to FOTOS (android)

TeeDiddy

• 8 months later...

Having updated Android (may 2023 update) it seems the Fotos app will not connect to my M11 under any circumstances. It used to eventually connect after a few attempts but now... Nothing.

I'm assuming the Android update has upset the Fotos app bit not 100% sure.

I've done everything from reinstalling the app, restarting everything. Clearing cache and storage etc. Nothing is working, I can't download any photos. 

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I have the same issue and will today contact customer support.

A year ago I had the same problem with a Q2 and got the advice to turn off Wi-Fi+ on my phone. It solved the issue then but it seems to be something else this time.

9am to day everything OK👍. The Lord's inscrutable ways... espacially when they go through  bluetooth😇 . 

This is the message I wrote  sunday morning and that was not published then as I did not press on the "Submit Reply". 

And still OK at the moment.

Most of the connection issues are due to BT.

1 suggestion that often worked is to go into your phone setting and remove the M11 from the BT preferred connection, and try a new connection from the camera.

There should be an update of the FOTOS app for the q3 launch.

• 4 weeks later...

Android is a bit of crapshoot when it comes to supporting built-in sensors and Bluetooth devices. I get that not everyone wants to live inside Apple’s walled garden or pay the Apple tax. If you want to live in the wild west of Android Land and you want a decent experience with apps that require phone sensors or Bluetooth connectivity to third-party devices, I would only recommend going with Pixel phones. Any Android developer worth their salt will be developing and testing their Android App on a Pixel phone, so at least you know that most developers will have at least tested on that phone. If you want a non-Pixel phone, the only other Android phone I’d consider, are flagship Samsung phones. Everything else in my experience has been hit and miss.

Edited by beewee

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2019 at 12:51 AM, TeeDiddy said:

I am incredibly frustrated by my new Q2’s inability to pair with Leica Fotos. Just terrible. It worked for a day or so and now fails. Incredibly poor functionality. I am ready to return this thing. 

WiFi is critical to workflow. 

Read through the forum and you will find the solution. Mostly it is caused by the smartphone WiFi list. 

20 minutes ago, Uwe Jansch said:

Leica is obviously not interested in their customer’s  problems with their very costly equipment I still stugle often without success to connect my Q3 to the Fotos app. 

A process not rocket science and well managed by Nikon and Canon etc. 

With my new M11, I am unable to connect to the FOTOS app (android). 

My phone says:

• camera found Leica M11
  • I click connect, I see: "looking for camera," I click "Pair with Leica M11" 
  • Camera says DONE, but the phone begins "searching for device" and then says: "No devices found" and then after a minute or two, I get a message: "Something came up. The application has cancelled the request ..."

I have searched high and low for assistance in connecting to an Android phone and found no help videos (lots for IPhone).

Any help?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I can't delete the camera from the fotos app, because it never completes the registration of the camera.

After some discussion with customer support, it appears that the phone is connecting to bluetooth, and then needs to send that connection to wifi. This is what is not happening. Any suggestions?