NEW Leica Q3 (Part 2) Tutorial | All you need to know, by mathphotographer

Comment on iDR:

It applies only to JPEG and the embedded preview. It does not affect DNG files. iDR affects histograms, which is less accurate for raw shooters when iDR is turned on. 

Comment on optical image stabilization:

I do not believe that "Auto" is mainly to save power. I remember that Leica said that IQ is (slightly?) better with OIS off and hence the Auto mode. OIS is activated only with a half-press, AFAICT.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Am 15.7.2023 um 23:28 schrieb SrMi:

Comment on iDR:

It applies only to JPEG and the embedded preview. It does not affect DNG files. iDR affects histograms, which is less accurate for raw shooters when iDR is turned on. 

Comment on optical image stabilization:

I do not believe that "Auto" is mainly to save power. I remember that Leica said that IQ is (slightly?) better with OIS off and hence the Auto mode. OIS is activated only with a half-press, AFAICT.

Wonder if that Leica statement on the use of OIS still holds true with the 60MP sensor. Wouldn't it improve sharpness if one can avoid even slight movement bei use of the OIS?

• 3 weeks later...

Just come across a couple of recent tutorials on YouTube by Hudson Henry, one going through the camera itself and those accessories that he has found useful, the other going through set up and menu options, including a quite extensive section on user profiles which I found extremely useful.

Recommended.

47 minutes ago, Woodstock said:

Just come across a couple of recent tutorials on YouTube by Hudson Henry, one going through the camera itself and those accessories that he has found useful, the other going through set up and menu options, including a quite extensive section on user profiles which I found extremely useful.

Recommended.

found it. 

• Thanks 1