Scan disk micro SDXC UHS-1 256GB card use in Leica V lux1 camera

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would like to use my father-in-laws Leica V lux1 camera on vacation. He passed away, but always had good cameras. I bought new batteries and a Scandisk micro SDXC UHS-1 card with adapter. Now I am getting a memory card error. Is this card not compatible? Does it need to be reformatted? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Christopher, welcome to Leica ownership. The card you have bought is too advanced for old electronics, which is why your camera cannot cope with it. A lower capacity card will be available. But unless a current owner relies, my advice would be to Google your camera model and find the User Guide. The information would explain all you need to know about the V-lux 1, and help you enjoy your bequest. Don't be afraid to seek help here.

• Like 1

The manual says standard SD cards (which go up to 2GB) and SDHC cards are compatible. Unless the V-LUX 1 has some particular quirk (not impossible with Leica!), SDHC cards up to the maximum capacity of 32GB may well work, though a lower capacity card might be a safer bet. The V-LUX 1 predates the SDXC standard by several years, so no SDXC card will work (micro or full size).

Incidentally, whatever bot generates the adverts in this forum is being misleading and unhelpful here!:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Anbaric

How come you get ads for Christopher1 @Anbaric?
I only get one ad all the time, and it now looks like this (no names etc.)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!