View First Unread

otto.f

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In the Large Format Forum there’s a utility: View First Unread in a thread. I work mostly with the function Content I Follow, but some Topics are quite busy. As far as I know I can only jump to the last post. Am I mistaken or is such a function as in LFF lacking here and didn’t we have that once? I would really appreciate that though.

I have an 'Activity Stream' that shows me a list of threads, with the first one containing the most recent post. If the thread title is in bold, then, when I click on it, it takes me to the first unread post. Thereafter the thread title is in normal font (not bold); if I click on it, I get taken to the last post.

When setting up an Activity Stream you can select the subforums you wish to follow. I don't follow forums for (e.g.) R-mount or X cameras.

You might want to look at Activity Streams instead of Content I Follow. They are not particularly intuitive to set up (, not all the options are immediately visible, and at the end you have to click 'Save' or 'Apply' several times), but once set up make it easy to track content you're interested in. The URL for my Activity Stream is my 'landing point' for the forum.

5 hours ago, otto.f said:

In the Large Format Forum there’s a utility: View First Unread in a thread. I work mostly with the function Content I Follow, but some Topics are quite busy. As far as I know I can only jump to the last post. Am I mistaken or is such a function as in LFF lacking here and didn’t we have that once? I would really appreciate that though.

Lot,

I assume that you're aware that if you click on the black dot to the left of the thread's link it will always take you to the first post in the thread that you haven't viewed?  The black dot changes to a black star if you have previously posted in the thread or to a grey star if there are no new posts to view.  (My apologies if you already knew this or I'm off at a tangent.)

Pete.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, farnz said:

Lot,

I assume that you're aware that if you click on the black dot to the left of the thread's link it will always take you to the first post in the thread that you haven't viewed?  The black dot changes to a black star if you have previously posted in the thread or to a grey star if there are no new posts to view.  (My apologies if you already knew this or I'm off at a tangent.)

Pete.

Thanks!, it's a star but ok