Macro lenses for SL2.. what have we got? What are we using?

Kristofferpaulsen

Ive had the Sigma 70 and 105 macros

The 105 was terrific but too big for me as a carry around 'in case' lens so I let it go.

Will definitely give the Panasonic a go, it will match up with my 50 and 85 nicely

• Like 3

vor 19 Stunden schrieb JohnathanLovm:

Based on Leica’s recent activities, the Panasonic version will be most likely to be based on. 

I'm not sure, we will see; at the moment we don't know much about optical performance of the new Pana Macro whereas Sigma's is very good

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks...it seems not to be marketed as an APO lens, right? Will be interesting to see what the performance is like when compared to the Sigma. I have found the Sigma to be excellent. I cannot really find any technical information from Panasonic at all, just a press release. One nice thing is that if Leica does adopt it, there will at least be some good MTF's to compare it. That said, I am sure the image quality will be very good, and this seems like an excellent choice for a general purpose medium telephoto that can also focus extremely close. Remains to be seen if the Sigma is optically better for people who are more concerned about optics than size. I will say though that I did not find the Sigma particularly large or heavy, but before the SL2 I was using the 120mm APO Macro S, which is quite bulky and heavy by comparison.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuart Richardson said:

Thanks...it seems not to be marketed as an APO lens, right? Will be interesting to see what the performance is like when compared to the Sigma. I have found the Sigma to be excellent. I cannot really find any technical information from Panasonic at all, just a press release. One nice thing is that if Leica does adopt it, there will at least be some good MTF's to compare it. That said, I am sure the image quality will be very good, and this seems like an excellent choice for a general purpose medium telephoto that can also focus extremely close. Remains to be seen if the Sigma is optically better for people who are more concerned about optics than size. I will say though that I did not find the Sigma particularly large or heavy, but before the SL2 I was using the 120mm APO Macro S, which is quite bulky and heavy by comparison.

MTF's of the two (post #8) :

Edited by helged
  • Thanks 1