These Boots Are Made For....

fotografr

In 1966 I was 11 years old and my parents allowed me to watch german newscast on tv, every night ... I still do remember those clips showing poignant scenes of war ...

I am glad you survived it.

You might throw those boots out just as well, your memories will last ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great image Brent & a fascinating story, thank you for sharing. I can relate to this. Not too dissimilar to my experience after being drafted into the South African army in 1978, one pair of boots (spit & polish) for inspections & another pair when being out in the bush. 

Best

Mike

Edited by michali
  • Thanks 1

Lovely.  My USAF combat boots, which I continued to wear decades later in all sorts of weather finally got too worn to save.  I joined USAF on July 27th at 8:00 AM, 30 minutes before I would have been drafted into the army.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stuny said:

Lovely.  My USAF combat boots, which I continued to wear decades later in all sorts of weather finally got too worn to save.  I joined USAF on July 27th at 8:00 AM, 30 minutes before I would have been drafted into the army.

The singular advantage to being drafted was that it was a two year stint as opposed to three and four years for enlisted persons. 

• Like 1