Looking for Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 Owners

oliviersm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 3 Stunden schrieb oliviersm:

Hi Satijntje, thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it. It's a special lens for sure. Remember to post some pics in this thread once you do eventually get it. I'd love to see what you come up with. 👍 Cheers, Oli

I owned the Noctilux in 2016 but sold it.
Just looking the Pics taken with the Nocti in my Lightroom library I found this one from my daughter.
Seems to be so long ago, she is already 16 now.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, oliviersm said:

Thank you Jakontil. It's kind of you to say after all the effort I put into it. 🙂 👍 

Very honest opinions, i have my noct 0.95 for few years, despite loving it i have little use to it due to the facts that it’s huge, and less versatile but ur video seemed to drive me to find what this lens really is capable of 

11 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Most Noctilux buyers that dip into the vibe sell it after a while, about three quarters of them. Did the same with f/1, later bought the 0.95 because the price was awesome but I sold that one as well. The Summilux 50 ASPH is THE alpha lens.

10 hours ago, fil-m said:

Noctilux are more difficult to bond with, and tougher to use as a standard 50 due to the size inconvenience IMO. What you say is generally true about the .95 (people buying then selling) but probably less about the F1.

On my side, started with the Lux 50 but it was forced love that could not last (ie it has all of the perfect qualities and the right balance between size, rendering, speed, yet... did not like it that much)

I replaced it with the .95 which is a kind of Lux 50 Asph on steroids. While amazing, the .95 is massive and comes with lots of CA.

Sold it for a f1 which became my preferred lens. Reduced sharpness and tougher handling (long focus throw) compared to the .95, but smaller and with unique/different rendering (subjective).

Nothing more challenging than finding the right 50 :) 

everyone has unique story about finding the right 50, it’s interesting focal length in the world of M glasses

i bought the 1.2 noctilux reissue, and it had been my daily driver since, the facts that it’s smallish like the lux 1.4, still renders beautifully like a noctilux should be, however i had to sell it after a year or so, because i found this lens limited my usage and creativity like i was in my comfort zone… my other 50 were collecting dust 😂

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 12:09 AM, oliviersm said:

It took a lot longer than expected. At one point I scrapped everything I filmed and had to say about this lens and start from scratch but it's finally done after a tad shy of 2 months.

I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts on the lens, here or on the channel (helps out with the dreaded YT algorithm 😉)

And a special thank you to the owners of the lens who shared their thoughts on the lens. 👍🙏

Loved watching this!

On 3/7/2023 at 9:15 AM, oliviersm said:

You are certainly not wrong trickness. Truth be told, there are other lenses for a fraction of the price floating around. An update with simply better optics would be nice, but it would be pretty daarn awesome if Leica blew the roof off the "Noct" genre (for the lack of a better term) and came with a 0.8 lens. Don't even know if that's possible without having to buy gym membership to handhold something like that. With the TT artisan & Mitakon offerings at 0.95, it would be awesome for Leica to remind everyone why they are the king of the noct world.

And if they did that what you suggest Herr Barnack or even my tongue in cheek suggestion above, I think you're bang on the money with your phrasing. That price tag would be hateful beyond belief. 😅

I think the main improvement needed is closer focusing, which perhaps could be managed in a manner similar to the 35 APO and the new 35 Lux. And perhaps fix some of the chromatic aberration, and perhaps a minor reduction in weight. Don’t think the lens needs to be faster.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 10:43 PM, Herr Barnack said:

The 0.95 Noctilux came out in late (Nov./Dec.) 2009 so yes - it is getting long in the tooth.  With the current version priced at $12,995 U.S. tokens, a new & improved Noctilux 0.95 would no doubt come with a thoroughly hateful price tag...

The Summilux-M is 2004, i think we could see a refresh with close focus option soon.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just now, Photoworks said:

The Summilux-M is 2004, i think we could see a refresh with close focus option soon.

There has been speculation that a new & improved 50 Summilux M is in the works and will appear sometime this year.  I would think that would sell better than a revamped 50/0.95 Noctilux.